72 dart swinger hood

-

mikess68

Reaction score
i have need of some experience.

put the hood back on the swinger. it has a straight gap on the pass side and on the drivers side. however the hood wants to set to the passenger side more, like it needs to be shimmed toward the drivers side. if you push it down onto the rubber bumpers it centeres up, but then a little bump and it drifts back over to the pass side. the first impression is to move in the drivers fender 1/4 inch, but looks like that will be very hard. i can push it over to the drivers side and it centers with the right gap on both sides, but like i said slighest movement and it settles back to the pass side. so, how do i move it over to the drivers side. shimms, open hood and push it over making the hinges spring over that way, or what. can t be the only person ever had this issue. i have painted uner the hood and really don't want to unbolt the fender. ????:clock:

no takers. anyone done anything that was successful with aligning the hood. i leaning to placing a slight strain on the pass side hinge that will pull the hood over to the drivers side a 1/4 inch. unless someone else has an idea. i don't want to pull the hinge off the pivot post down in the fender.

If you can put a picture up I could give you a few tips to try. Does the hood move over when you start to close it? Like a possible issue with the hinges? Do you have the latch removed? Sometimes you need to tweak a panel a bit to get it to fit properly. Putting a shim between the hinge and hood won't do anything but shove the hinge outward. Pics would help the most.

-
Back