72 dart trim question

-
Reaction score
Hey yall needin sum schoolin. I just bought a pair of 72 dart fenders in great shape frm a guy. Well my question is did tha 72 darts have sum kind of trim that ran sideways down tha center of tha fender on tha body line all tha way to tha extension? Becuz these fenders have little mounting studs stickin off at that location about every 6-8 inches that look factory welded and tha fender extension has a hole in tha side for a screw. This is on both fenders and extensions. I cant find pics or threads or anything on it. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

if it is an early car it might have the body side molding on it from a 71 model year. my 72 dart had stick on body side molding

that's what these have but the connecting studs underneath and not the actual molding. Just the studs. But they r 72 fenders. Was that an option for 72?

yes option if your fender tag or build sheet has V5X almost at the end of the codes - near the top of the tag.

makes sense. Thanks so much for yalls help. I guess I will just carefully cut those studs off since I'm using the fenders for a demon.

-
Back