72 dart Vinyl top

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
Does top go in before glass ?

I know clips must go in before glass wondering if top does too . Seems like that would lift up on glass a hood bit

Top only goes behind the clips and gets cut right under the clips. , It does not go under the rubber. Tops fit just fine use a 36 inch seam style on a Duster Demon. Also use the factory green tracer drip rails for a vinyl top car. New AMD drip rails are thin and will stretch over the vinyl. But be careful they dent and bend real easy.

Top only goes behind the clips and gets cut right under the clips. , It does not go under the rubber. Tops fit just fine use a 36 inch seam style on a Duster Demon. Also use the factory green tracer drip rails for a vinyl top car. New AMD drip rails are thin and will stretch over the vinyl. But be careful they dent and bend real easy.
I don't know what you mean green tracer drip rail ? The drip rail is apart of the car

The trim that goes over the drip rail. The vinyl trim is different dimension - the factory used a green paint mark on the back to tell the difference on the line.

The trim that goes over the drip rail. The vinyl trim is different dimension - the factory used a green paint mark on the back to tell the difference on the line.
I see , I didn't think the top went down into the channel and under that trim .

Well I screwed up and I put all clips in after my cut in and then put the glass in already . I'm screwed I guess

Did factory have foam under the tops ? I know some brands did that but I've never noticed anything under a mopar top . Do I need to buy the foam stuff ?

Well that's good news lol I may be able to glue a top down pretty well with keeping glass in . If not oh well we just not going to out a top on it lol

Another top isn't terribly expensive.

Wait, crap. I gotta pull glass to replace my top? That sucks

Last edited:
Another top isn't terribly expensive.

Wait, crap. I gotta pull glass to replace my top? That sucks
Yes and why I didn't know that and I'm screwed I think . Need to pull both front and back trim and glass and all the clips . As most will break and or bend up so it may turn to all new trim and clips like my car

Probably too late now, but this guy installed the vinyl top with the windows installed.

"How To EPIC Vinyl Top Make And Install Auto Upholstery" On Youtube

(I couldn't get the link to work, so you will have to search"

Last edited:
-
Back