72 Demon 4 speed

-
Door panels look like 72 Duster pieces with the wood grain.

Hey guy's, I have a gent who wants to trade me his 72 340 4 gear Demon for my mint 67 383 Sport Fury. It has been awhile since I had a A body and I am not up on my prices. I had my Fury listed for 17,500. The Demon needs interior work. How rare are the 4 speed Demons if at all.
And one other thing...did all the 340 4 speed cars come with sure grip? and was the hood scoop an option as well?
Thanks guy's..hoping to get back into a A body again.
AL

As much as I love Demons, I'm not sure on this trade. :-k

You've stated your big block Sport Fury is mint.....and from the pics you've posted of the engine bay I'd have to agree. Great attention to detail. What is the production #'s on those and how many are left.....especially in the condition of yours? Don't sell yourself short here. You have a very unique vehicle that will more than likely be tougher to replace.

Demons are more desirable, but still readily available to purchase in various stages......from needing complete resto to show ready.....The pics you've posted show a Demon that looks like it needs $$ and attention under the hood and interior. Who knows where else.......

Good luck in seeing the car in person and like others have posted here, verify the fender tag info. :happy10:

Al, after looking at the underhood pictures I'd say definitely forget the Demon, your Fury is in a league of it's own and where did you get that upper rad tank. Is it plated or what, I love it.

Terry

Terry that is just alot of buffing LOL All tanks will be brass, abit of steel wool to remove the paint then just a polishing compound over and over and over and over again LOL.

Ok I am not yanking ya here but I have another offer for a trade on a 71 340 4 speed.
AD reads:340 4 speed , true H code car. B5 Blue. Black vinyl interior, vinyl floor. Full gauges 150 mph speedo. Built in Tach. Power disc brakes. Standard steering. 8 3/4 rear end. Headers with dual exhaust. Second paint, is very solid., but not mint.
I called him about the car and her got back to me tonight, the car is missing the fender tag, but there could still be a build sheet under the vinyl floor.
I am looking for a change but don't want to give the Fury away either.
Thanks alot for all your input, the Red Demon that I thought would be a great deal, I now know that it is more than I thought it would be to restore, I owe ya one guy's.
AL

adf6_20.jpg

Car there don't look bad in the pic. Too bad there's no fender tag. Look at the front fenders it's a '72 on a '71 car. It maybe could have been in an accident or something at one time. That might be why for the second paint and fender tag missing. It sounds like it has the ralley dash so that is a plus for the car. But check it out good,and get lots of pics for us guys.

man i said it before and now i will say it again, you are miles ahead with your fury. unless you really need to or really want to trade then step back and walk away! the blue one dosen't look too bad but then again it is just 1 pic. i still would leave it be.....

You have to decide if you want a muscle car or a mint cruiser?,this is the main question to ask your self.Unless your really lucky,to get a nicely optioned demon or a-body in mint condition such as your car would require giving up your car and then some-as you probaly know your car isnt valued the same as a nicely optioned mint a-body.If your really wanting the performance of a muscle car I think you will find you can tolerate a little imperfection for the sheer fun on driving it.IMO if the demon is numbers matching and solid than thats all that matters,interior ect. is all pretty basic and the car will continue to rise in value with every new part.You could also put your car for sale first as there is always an enthuiast somewhere who will pay a premium for the car they want regardless of the market value,I just wouldnt rush into it and make sure its what you want to do.

A few years back I had a 73 Valiant with a built 340, car ran consistant 12s at the track, I sold that and bought a 56 Desoto with a 330 Hemi, sold that and got the Fury. I miss the power and fun of the Valiant. I know the C body will not rise in value like the As will, and here in Ontario nothing is selling it is a real buyers market.
AL

To me Joe buyer i cant see you getting 17.5 in todays market. Maybe 9.5 to 10.5 as these cars are not the desired muscle cars Do not take offense you have a fine car and im sure the investment is more than asking price. The demon in the pics i would value between 8k and 10k He may have a hard sell also as you can occasionally get a deal on a car of this quality around 7500. Economys not good, not a good time to sell. This is the way I see it. hope ive offended noone. You should keep your sweet cruiser and start your next project an a body maybe a 3k car needing someone to love it. jmho oh oh i thought it was the red one. hard choice but i cant sell my babys or trade them .theyre like kids.

Wow if the rest of your Fury looks like your engine bay I think I would have a hard time parting with it no matter what you were trading for. If you are really bored wity your Fury and want to get rid of it regardless I'd maybe consider it, but the last thing you want to have is remorse in getting rid of such a mint ride. If ya could swing it I would keep the 383 Fury and get a project A body 4spd driver to play with. Good luck with your big desicion, post more pics of your Fury, it looks pretty sweet:cheers:

LOL it must be nice to be in that position, I have the one car deal going on with the wife LOL. I know the Fury is worth at least $13,000, and last year a 69 Monaco ragtop sold here at the side of the road for...get this....$28,000, some doctor saw it while driving by one day. Some guy's have all the luck. I really don't mind taking a bit of a hit I want some thing to work on this winter LOL. I can still remove the stereo and acc. as well at that pricey Mopar battery the trade..that might make me feel better LOL.
If I went with the red 72 and the tag shows it as a true H code 4 speed car all the interior is available is it not?
Time is running out before the snow flies LOL.
When I thought of selling the Fury first thing that came to mind was to get another A body, guess I still have a soft spot.
AL

1967_plymouth_sport_fury_commando_v8_4-568-426.jpg

street fury.jpg

You can get reproduction door panels, seat covers, dash pad etc for the Demon. Demons were only made for two years then they changed the name to Dart Sport in '73.

I got a email from the guy with the 72 with a bit more info.
He said: unfortunately the car
does not have the fender tag, I do have most of the original build sheet.
The gentleman who did the appraisal is also a Mopar guru owning at least 12
different cars including a superbird. My car originally had a white vinyl
roof, the interior is called the deluxe interior and the car has the sport
package which includes the dual hood scoops as well as the hood pins.

Now the blue car is lacking the tag and build sheet as well, but has the ralley dash and power disk brakes, but has 72 front fenders. I have made up my mind I am going to get one of these cars, which in your mind would be the better car in the long run. Any in put would be great.
Thanks guys
AL

the orange demon is a 72 right? it has a 71 hood on it so it is not original to the car. without seeing the build sheet it may have not even had the sport hood for that matter. not haveing a fender tag for the 72 isn't a necessarly a bad thing. you could have a new tag made with the correct build sheet. my question still remains is it a real 4 speed car? 340 car? 8 3/4 rear? ect... the color combo for it is rather unique i must admit. i would wonder if it originally had white stripes as well as the top??? the blue one is a 71 correct? you have posted little to no information on this one. it would be hard to make a good judgement on it. not haveing a fender tag or a build sheet is not a good thing for value though. again is it a real 340 car? 4 speed? ect... if you are really going to do this one way or the other then you need to look with both eyes for yourself and not jump into the fire. i would do alot of looking on my own and not rely on what a " mopar guru" says.......just my 2 cents. either way i would want money in the deal for that fury.

'71 is a better year; still had high compression and ralley dash. The '71 also looks nicer. Lets see some more pics of the '71.

After looking at more pics of the blue 71 it seems to have a complete 72 front end..am I wrong...but the interior pics look like a 71. Why would someone change the whole front end? I can see rusty fenders but grille and all????I am thinking accident.
AL

becd_20.jpg

I would have a very hard time letting go the Fury. Put it in storage and figure out a way to buy a project A Body. My 2 cents

After looking at more pics of the blue 71 it seems to have a complete 72 front end..am I wrong...but the interior pics look like a 71. Why would someone change the whole front end? I can see rusty fenders but grille and all????I am thinking accident.
AL

the blue car seems to have a very low budget interior except for the rallye gauges. this could be a 340 car but this type of interior usually is found on a lesser model, but not always. ...

Ok I am screwed up now LOL The front of the red 72 looks the same as the blue 71, I need some educatin LOL
The 72 has standard brakes and steering the blue 71 has power disks and standard steering.

Demon 001.jpg

Ok I am screwed up now LOL The front of the red 72 looks the same as the blue 71, I need some educatin LOL

the 72 has a 71 style front end on it. hood is also a 71 style. some times people do this because they prefer the 71 look as apposed to the 72 look.......here is a 72 with the correct scoop and grille..

Snap4.jpg

-
Back