72 demon build pictures

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Been busy working the Demon. Thought I would share some photos. I am doing a two tone with gloss black roof and ev2 hemi orange bottom. Car was originally a vinyl top car so I will be installing the vinyl top trim to the roof to separate the black and orange. Just installed the bulkhead connector and the rebuilt dash. I am using the MAD wiring diagram to do the volt meter and eliminate the amp gauge issues. You can see the two wires coming thru the bulkhead connector. I am using all MSD ignition and hope I get the wiring right as wiring is not my strong suit. Engine is a 416 stroker. I think the gloss black top will really make my 18" wheels pop. I am debating just leaving the sides with no stripes so the wheels compliment the black roof. I shaved the side marker lights to keep a clean look. Just lots of fun, and hope to get her started very soon. Can't wait to hear her start. I also today installed the front windshield reveal clips. Put some black ATV on the holes before running the screws in to prevent leaks. I may need some help with the wiring. Taking it slow. Going to install the wires I am sure of but the MSD conversion is sketchy. Don't know what to do with the ballast resister. Do I eliminate the orange box?? Have instructions so I will just take one wire at a time? Got to figure out the tach ect.

IMG_3946_4746.JPG

IMG_3947_4747.JPG

IMG_3949_4749.JPG

IMG_3948_4748.JPG

IMG_3954_4754.JPG

IMG_3956_4756.JPG

Nice work. Dash Bolts: I'm near the point of installing my dash in my dart....common wisdom seems to be reversing the bolts. Putting them in from the bottom so they can be removed without pulling the windshield. I haven't done it yet...just an FYI

My car is an A/C car. Not much room under there to install those bolts upside down?? I don't know how you can get at them???
Well, I haven't done it yet...car's still in paint. My understanding is you'd probably have to pull quite a bit of stuff to get it out, including AC...the point is you'd be able to keep windshield in place. Did you gasket cover your bolt heads when you put yours in the correct way??

Well, I haven't done it yet...car's still in paint. My understanding is you'd probably have to pull quite a bit of stuff to get it out, including AC...the point is you'd be able to keep windshield in place. Did you gasket cover your bolt heads when you put yours in the correct way??
I have not yet installed the windshield. Waiting for my glass guy to do that. But I did read about installing the bolts upside down and when you look at all the clutter with the a/c and heater box, I am still wondering how you do that?? I don't think I am going to be removing my dash again, so I went with the easy bolt install which was as shown in the photos. Before the windshield goes in.

I have not yet installed the windshield. Waiting for my glass guy to do that. But I did read about installing the bolts upside down and when you look at all the clutter with the a/c and heater box, I am still wondering how you do that?? I don't think I am going to be removing my dash again, so I went with the easy bolt install which was as shown in the photos. Before the windshield goes in.
Makes sense...I'll be doing a complete aftermarket AC system that I'll stuff up there with the dash installed...it bolts to the firewall and is pretty clean. I also wonder what would make me pull the dash again also...and wonder about the bolt ends sticking up into the gasket. We'll see when I get the thing back from paint how it all shakes out. Either way...I dig the two tone.

-
Back