'72 Demon Carb Rebuild Kit & Carb issues

-

element303

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a website where I can order a rebuild kit for the stock 72 Demon Carburator? All I know is that its a Carter. Dont know the exact model though.

Since I am already on it maybe you guys can help me with another issue relater to the Carb.

I have the problem with the carb only when the engine is hot. It starts right way, mostly without even pumping and idles very steady. Once the engine is hot, its bogging (I think thats the right word in english) when I reapply the throttle after coasting or when I accelerate from standing. If I push the throttle its bogging for a moment until it accelerates normally. Sometimes it almost turn off the engine before the rpm comes back up. Also, when I am cruising on the same level with the throttle, it feels like its hesitating up and down slightly and as if someone is pulling me back. Full throttle everything is fine though. The carb is (or should be) completely clean, I also installed a new fuel filter. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, not sure if it helps to identify the problem but when I decelerate after going a little faster I can smell gas but its not the typical unburned gas smell.

Thank you

After taking out the carb 100 times, adjust float level, clean, clean more, check timing, getting new plugs and cables, I got the rebuild kit and when I was done with it, I realized looking at it from the front, the carb body on top was bend up and there were is sucked air. Went to a machine shop to help to hammer it straight, finished it a little better at home and now its running nearly perfect! I might have to check the float level again as it might be too rich now, but other than that its a blast to cruise now.

After taking out the carb 100 times, adjust float level, clean, clean more, check timing, getting new plugs and cables, I got the rebuild kit and when I was done with it, I realized looking at it from the front, the carb body on top was bend up and there were is sucked air. Went to a machine shop to help to hammer it straight, finished it a little better at home and now its running nearly perfect! I might have to check the float level again as it might be too rich now, but other than that its a blast to cruise now.
Success! good to hear.

-
Back