72 demon emblems

-

lilhows340

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a question about correct color of Demon fender emblem. I have seen them with yellow lettering and others with white. My Demon is painted factory gold and I don't know which would be correct.
Thanks
Jeff

I've only seen yellow & believe it to be correct. Interesting that you've seen white....

Edit....Here's a pic

Demon Build 193.jpg

They should have all been yellow. Although if the yellow fades enough it might look white. Either that or it was a custom job. I've seen plenty of the duster fender and trunk emblems painted black or other colors in the infill areas, but they were all the same color from the factory too.

ive never seen white ones before so I think they are repainted but ive been wrong before

These are the ones I have. They look original to me.View attachment 1715003707

I bet they're repainted. You should be able to take a little acetone to the white and find yellow beneath it (at least on the metal emblems). The factory paint will be more resistant to the acetone so you won't take it off as easily as a repaint. Looking at them it's hard to tell, I have an emblem someone blacked out and the finish quality isn't that different from factory. If the person that repainted them did a decent job it would be hard to tell without checking to see if there was paint underneath.

Even the fender emblem on the top left of your picture looks like it might be repainted, the yellow and red don't appear to the right shades. But that's hard to tell from a picture. The one on the top right looks correct though.

All of mine are yellow, with exception of the blacked out one which definitely isn't factory.

IMG_3788.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply's. I took a very close look and I agree they look repainted good job though. Does anyone know the proper paint to redo them.

Any of have have those emblems for sale ? At the moment restoring my Demon and need a emblem , also what's the best way to remove them witout breaking them ?

-
Back