72 demon hood latch adjustment

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just installed my hood latch hardware on the demon hood. I adjusted the latch catch all the way up as high as it will go. Close the hood and it does not want to pull and hold the hood tight to the bumpers. Hood appears to be about 1\4" above the fenders up front. Back is flush. I can push it down to get it flush but the latch is all out of adjustment room to pull it tighter? Any ideas? I was going to make the elongated holes deeper, but I thought I would throw it out here first? Latch mechanism seems not worn. Also, I do know the hood I have came off a Dart and not a Demon, but I thought they were all the same in the years.

rotate the latch, it can rotate on the mounting bolts. I know it sounds weird but try it out.

if u want the hood down why did u move the latch up?
Sorry. My mistake. I meant that I pulled the latch up as far as it would go. I also tried rotating it. I also pulled up on the center of the crossframe and retightened the screws on the lower radiator support?? Crazy. Seems as though I am missing something here???

Maybe the item on the hood that goes into the latch is too short so it doesn't push down far enought into the latch to make it stay closed

I may be missing something or not understanding correctly but if u want the hood down u need to move everything down not up...

I may be missing something or not understanding correctly but if u want the hood down u need to move everything down not up...
Wow, I said it again. OOPS. I meant that I pushed the latch DOWN as far as it would go and the hood still appears to be up about a 1/.4" in the front.

Been playing the bump stops but when I get the right side to sit flush with the fender when the latch catches and hits the bump stop, the left side is up 1/4" and I can push it down flush by hand? Almost as if the hood is racked?

Not yet. Had a total knee replacement. I was maybe thinking the front of the fender needs shims to bring it up? But it will be many weeks before I try that.

The rear of the fender is flush with the hood. The front of the fender is about 3/16 too low. Has anybody installed shims under the top fender flange to raise the fender instead?? Maybe the fender need to go up and be shimmed??? Has anybody shimmed the fender flange???

-
Back