72 Demon hood stripe location?

-

72Dart6pack

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a distance or specs from the edge of the hood for stripe location? Anything would help. Maybe a old link on the subject? Thanks.

88d0ae7a-b6f8-4e65-ba38-82f256c22013.png

I am fixing to put the same stripe on my car, been wondering the same thing. It appears to me the 71 sizzler stripe is narrower than the 72. I'd like to have the dimensions of the 72 because im using the scoop.

Lets team up together and find the answer.
:thumbsup:
A buddy of mine has a hood with the original stripe on it, he has it stored in a building in a stack of a several performance hoods, I've been trying to get him to dig it out with no luck. Maybe someone on here can help us out.:lol:

They all appear to be different widths, we need to find someone with a known original.

Thanks. Not looking for another car thou. Wanna finish mine first. Mine is currently in the body shop getting painted Jet Black. I need the stripe location soon.

20190131_162448.jpg

DSCN0323.jpg

I hope he measures it tonight. :)

OK, the best way for me to describe the decal placement is this, outside to outside of outer stripe. At the very front of the hood they are 17 1/2 inches, at an imaginary line drawn through the first scoop mounting holes 43 inches, the second set of holes 43 5/8 inches, the third set of holes 44 1/8 inches and at the very rear of the hood 44 1/4 inches. This is a factory installation so should be correct. Hope this helps.........

hood measurements.jpg

17 1/2 in the front.
44 1/4 in the back.
Draw a line down the center of hood.
Split every number in half from the center line.

Dude you rock.
:thankyou:

Well the 2 Gold/Black Eastside Darts are no longer. Good choice for you.

Do you know how long I've been searching for this answer?
Thanks again.

Looks like you've found your info, but this pic may help a bit too...:)

P8120105-1.jpg

I have that Photo. But I wanted physical numbers. Not just guess at a picture

If he P.M me? I'll send him something for sure.

That's what this site is all about, helping fellow "A" body lovers. I've found so much info here, it feels good to provide some now and then.

If you notice on different pictures and cars at shows, those stripes are all over the place based on their proximity to the hood ridges. I'm not so sure they even all came out of the factory the same. As long as they are symmetrical and straight I don't think even a concours judge is going to measure them.

-
Back