72 Demon #'s match 340 sold on Ebay item 270574595438 search completed listings.

-
Nice car ...NOT a fan of GREEN ... Why do you ask ??? are you interested ...

Car looks nearly perfect and is really nice looking. However no pictures of the Chassis side would concerns me if I was the buyer. But for the money probably worth a little gamble.

On second thought I see rust bubbles under the vinyl top at right front pillar. Black painted engine compartment and under the trunk mat is not impressing me much. Probably be a lipstick car. Thats not a bad thing, car would great for the local burger joints and car show in my opinion. However this car is not a
40K+ restoration at a fire sale price.

I could be wrong but I can't remember seeing an original with the Demon name plate on the trunklid. No pics of the passenger side either. I get the impression that this may be a car that has had a VIN plate change.

Jack

I could be wrong but I can't remember seeing an original with the Demon name plate on the trunklid. No pics of the passenger side either. I get the impression that this may be a car that has had a VIN plate change.

Jack

Why is the engine bay a different color?

For such a rusty fendertag, the rest of the car had no rust? I also thought the dual mirror option got you the sport mirrors? Patched seats would drive me crazy. Why remove the door VIN decal then "save" the tire one? Believe Jack is correct about the trunk panel emblem. Rebody? Maybe. Certainly not showing the details to prove otherwise. JMO

Grant

Anyone out there know anything about this car? Thanks.
I won this auction, and I live in central WI. Car was listed as item location MN, about a 3 1/2 hour drive from my home. Next day owner called me from GA and said car was now in VA, at a friends dealership, a 15 hour drive from my home. After a few calls to both individuals involved, I found out some more info. In the listing there is a "reciept" actually an estimate for a complete front supension rebuild for $600+. They only replaced the idler arm and one tie rod end. Car is not road worthy at this time. Posted a timeslip from CA in Jan, ran a 12.2??? Driver door striker bolt is torn, and hinges are shot. Striker shows up in photos. Strange for a low mile original????. Faxed me over some paperwork, found previous owners name that had the car built in MN. He sold the car in Sept 09, and his name is still on the title. He was surprised to hear the car was even for sale, much less posted on ebay. Asked him about mileage and he stated the odometer broke with 72,000 miles. He also stated he was the 2nd owner, and the car was previously titled in NY, and OH. Car had typical A-body rust. New fenders, quarters, and inner quarters replaced. Nothing has ever been done to the underside, hence no pictures. Also said it is #'s matching, $12,000 in body and paint, $12,000 in drivetrain, $4,000 in recrome on all trim, and $3,000+ in legendary interior. Claimed he put $30,000 in car in last 10 years, as he hired most everthing out. Faxed over receipts prove most of this and I only recieved a few. Car looks good, but I am going to restore my 69 340 Swinger #'s match f8 green 4 speed dart instead. Thanks for all of the great input.

-
Back