72 demon sizzler??

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I have been googling demon sizzler for tha last hour and searching here on FABo and I find tons of 71 demon sizzlers

My question is: did they make them for 72

Further to that, I've just contacted a guy who is selling a '72 340 barn find Demon. Got one Demon, in the hunt for a second.

It's a factory black E55 car. It clearly isn't a Sizzler (no A59 option on the tag), but just as clearly it included the Sizzler hood treatment. This might explain why some people say the Sizzler continued into 1972. Seems that Dodge offered the Sizzler blackout (without the Sizzler callout decal) on some '72 cars. This car has V21 on the tag (Performance hood treatment).

@Rainy Day Auto

sizzlerhood340car72.jpg

Last edited:
So, it would never have been a Sizzler with a 340 regardless of the year. The sizzler package was a decor thing, to make your underpowered, budget priced Demon look more like its 340 counterpart. So, no 340 Sizzler's. See the ad- low price and low insurance rates= no 340
1972%20demon%20sizzler.jpg

The data book for '72 says any demon could be had with a hood scoop, not just the 340 cars...
72_Dodge_Dart_Demon0018.jpg

And it says that any car that got the scoop also got the hood treatment. Although, the dealership book contradicts itself here, because this page says you could get a Dart with that scoop and treatment, while the options page I posted above from the same book says the scoops only came on Demons. The first page also says scoops though, plural. So, it may have been written before the change was made from the dual ramcharger scoops to the snorkel. The blackout hood treatment for the snorkel scoop was adopted from the earlier Sizzler, since the dual stripe treatment used with the ramcharger scoops wouldn't have made any sense with a single snorkel scoop.

72_Dodge_Dart_Demon0017.jpg

A bit off topic but what is the story with Mr. norms Demons?
71s Had Six packs.
72s Had Superchargers.
Is that Correct?

Here's a couple more vintage ads showing the options on a '71 Sizzler. Note again how it says it was designed to look like a performance car, but on a budget price. Ie, no 340. Also, they didn't make Sizzlers for very long. They started March 1, 1971, and weren't available for '72. So, the 1971 production numbers of 1,308 Sizzler's made would be all of them.

1971demon-sizzler.jpg

71dmonad.jpg

Last edited:
^^^Also note, Rallye Wheels were standard with the Sizzler, but trim rings weren't supplied as part of the package.

You had to pay extra if you wanted them.

what are the chances of getting a template or measurements from that hood? My 72 is close to paint and I have the scoop ready to drop off at the body shop. that would be a huge help!

You say that with some authority.

Is there a document somewhere that indicates that the Sizzler hood treatment is 340 only in 1972?
In 72, its just called performance hood treatment, not called "sizzler" as has allready been explained above, better than i can explain!

Phoenix Graphix 1972 Dodge Demon Decal Kit
We are listed in the sponsor section and the stripes you are seeking are listed above. Give us a call if you need any further assistance.
Licensed by FCA corporation

@PhoenixGraphix Hi guys.....I wasn't very clear, sorry.

I saw you had the stripes (and I note that they're less expensive!!!), just wasn't sure that they included a template or measurements to assist correct placement on the hood?? That's the info forum member @Vitamin c was after.

@PhoenixGraphix Hi guys.....I wasn't very clear, sorry.

I saw you had the stripes (and I note that they're less expensive!!!), just wasn't sure that they included a template or measurements to assist correct placement on the hood?? That's the info forum member @Vitamin c was after.
Yea, I do have some old photos of original cars that would work, but a template would probably be the best. Ill eventually order the white stripes, the hood and cowl kit, and the technical kit. my 72 should be in paint here in the next 4-6 weeks. I believe its now getting the final sand and block of the primer.

No I am sorry we don't have a template for the hood paint. The vinyl stripes were made after an OEM piece for original fit. Call us if you need any more help with this.

-
Back