72 Demon vinyl trim

-

KB9GIB

Reaction score
I have had no luck on vinyl trim clips for my son’s 72 Demon. Can anyone tell me on 71 a body demon/duster did they use the bolt style clips? And if they did is there access from inside the car to put the nuts on? Thanks for all information in advance KB9GIB

Does the car have a full or half top ? Can you get me a measurement of the width of the clip and how many you need. I have some misc clips in drawer that might match up .

Does the car have a full or half top ? Can you get me a measurement of the width of the clip and how many you need. I have some misc clips in drawer that might match up .
If we ever find the right clips it will be a full vinyl top my son has all the chrome trim the best I can measure off the chrome they need to be (7/16 wide and 1” 1/16 long)I would not think length would be real critical. I would not believed they be so hard to find
3806D90D-F313-4C92-A392-8E51E4717E51.jpeg

They used a welded stud for the full top trim across the quarter. Eastwood had a weld on rivet kit at one time. In a handy quantity of 500, ha ha. You need a stud welder or a little skill to get it plumb and square with the panel.

Stud Welder Trim Rivets bag/500

Clips - ask these folks...The Cliphouse Nationwide
The car is painted I was going to use the trim screws are rivets. I haven’t given up yet but I’m close to telling my son that the vinyl top not going to happen. I think I’ll give it one more week then we are going to move on and put the glass in. I do think everyone that has tried helping. Thanks again KB9GIB southern Illinois

just added a half vinyl top to my 74 duster, ordered clips off ebay, they were 25 in a bag, and small screws theaded only part way, drilled holes and put screws in, then after primer and paint ,all you see is top of screw, looks like studs, put on plastic clips, and if needed you can loosen or tighten them, i had adjusted mine b4 primer and paint, and allowed the plastic clip to have a little play, after paint and primer , out of 8, i had to loosen 1 about 1/2 turn to get clip on.

just added a half vinyl top to my 74 duster, ordered clips off ebay, they were 25 in a bag, and small screws theaded only part way, drilled holes and put screws in, then after primer and paint ,all you see is top of screw, looks like studs, put on plastic clips, and if needed you can loosen or tighten them, i had adjusted mine b4 primer and paint, and allowed the plastic clip to have a little play, after paint and primer , out of 8, i had to loosen 1 about 1/2 turn to get clip on.
Ok thanks we have some different clips coming maybe they will be bigger I’ll stop by the upholstery shop and have him take a look again. Thanks for the information most have been negative saying they could not find the right clips so maybe there is hope. Thanks KB9GIB

Maybe these? http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000124
I'm adding a full vinyl top to my 70 Duster, and hoping these will work. I just sent a message to Tom @ RT Specialties asking if these are what I need. Tom is a one man band, and is sometimes slow to respond, but if I hear back quickly.....I will post the reply here for you since we both need the same thing. :)

Maybe these? R/T Specialties - Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware
I'm adding a full vinyl top to my 70 Duster, and hoping these will work. I just sent a message to Tom @ RT Specialties asking if these are what I need. Tom is a one man band, and is sometimes slow to respond, but if I hear back quickly.....I will post the reply here for you since we both need the same thing. :)
I have talked to Tom. He’s has been working trying to find me the right clips for about 5 weeks now nice guy seems way busy. Thanks

-
Back