72 dodge demon whats my car worth

-

mikes67

Reaction score
Ok guys , whats my car worth, I have a 72 dodge demon 340, 727 auto, 8.75 sure grip posi 3.23 gears, factory bucket seats, console car factory air, rear defrost. Disk brakes, this car was built with they intensions of it was sold upon compleation to a good friend, but his finance have changed and will not be able to follow threw. This is a complete frame off rotessrie restoration.
Fully stripped and bead blasted, car was extremly solid at start but we put rear quarters, to very small patch panels in driver and passenger side floor,
Not sure where to start but everything was replaced or rebuilt, motor is the orginal 340, that is fully rebuilt by a professional shop, it does have the 69 X heads on, 727 tranney is orginal with cars vin stamped on it also is rebuilt, and fresh. Has. Hedmen cremic coated headers, stainless steel exhaust, stainless brake and fuel lines, all new moog front end parts, busings everything no money was spared on this build ALL PPG PRODUCTS USED NOT CHEAP PAINT. Car was petty blue and now is Plumb crazy purple. Message me for more info way to much to list best to talk over phone. I will try to post pics but somtimes they do not load up on here . I have tons of pics of the complete build. Send email and i will send pics , the photos are on my ipad and will not load file to large

I have a dollar in my billfold.

It's worth as much as the highest bidder will pay... and not a dime more. Period. so far you have a dollar offer, which I will exceed: $1.50 in US money.

It's an A body, you're in the hole with just the labor. These cars are projects of love, they are something to play around on in the mancave. If you want an 'investment' try the stock market, not cars.

It's worth as much as the highest bidder will pay... and not a dime more. Period. so far you have a dollar offer, which I will exceed: $1.50 in US money.

Alright. You're makin me pull out the big guns. I found 75 cents out in the truck. You're outbid.

although I love plumb crazy,you should of left it petty blue,besides being the original color,it is also a rare color [just my opinion] are you trying to sell? should be plenty of guys on here that are interested,sounds like a very nice car,good luck

The Plum Crazy kills it, 10-15k probably. How rotten was it since it's a frame off? (unibody cars don't have frames)

Subframe connectors were unbolted for the restoration. Frame - Off.

Headlight fluid changed, and no expense was spared.

if you guys think pricing old Mopars is quirky, try selling Quarter Horses! ha

anything over the price of dogfood is " salesmanship" ! ha

the only good think about selling a real desirable, finished car ia the buyer for those have $$$$. but as many of us say, if ya can't do ALL the work yourself, and count your labor at $.10/hour, you will most likely go in the hole! ha

I have some Mexican coins and even Mex folding money I would give. sorry i'm financially challenged.

hey mikes67 - where are ya? If you are serious and really looking for a legit answer or two (or 3 or 4..) - "we'll" need pics at the least! Typically though, unless the car is outstanding quality (as in unmolested survivor), you'd do well to get about 1/2 of what you have into it back.. so if you spent 30k - look to top out in the 15-20k range.. a nice place to gauge is Ebay - type Dodge Demon into the search - there are 5 that come up right now - $3700 through $18,500... as mentioned above, these cars are mostly done by enthusiasts who are not in it for the $$ - if you were expecting to turn a profit on it, your running up a steep hill.

if you guys think pricing old Mopars is quirky, try selling Quarter Horses!

everytime I contact someone who is trying to sell a quarter horse they always hang up on me when I ask them which cuts of the horse he is selling and who butchered it

Well for some reason it will not let up load pics to this site and on the other hand i am not broke i dont need to sell. worse comes to worse i will trade it for a good old chevy.

Ok guys , whats my car worth, I have a 72 dodge demon 340, 727 auto, 8.75 sure grip posi 3.23 gears, factory bucket seats, console car factory air, rear defrost. Disk brakes, this car was built with they intensions of it was sold upon compleation to a good friend, but his finance have changed and will not be able to follow threw. This is a complete frame off rotessrie restoration.
Fully stripped and bead blasted, car was extremly solid at start but we put rear quarters, to very small patch panels in driver and passenger side floor,
Not sure where to start but everything was replaced or rebuilt, motor is the orginal 340, that is fully rebuilt by a professional shop, it does have the 69 X heads on, 727 tranney is orginal with cars vin stamped on it also is rebuilt, and fresh. Has. Hedmen cremic coated headers, stainless steel exhaust, stainless brake and fuel lines, all new moog front end parts, busings everything no money was spared on this build ALL PPG PRODUCTS USED NOT CHEAP PAINT. Car was petty blue and now is Plumb crazy purple. Message me for more info way to much to list best to talk over phone. I will try to post pics but somtimes they do not load up on here . I have tons of pics of the complete build. Send email and i will send pics , the photos are on my ipad and will not load file to large

Here is a price check for you...

http://www.cars-on-line.com/78144.html

And a '71...

http://www.cars-on-line.com/68161.html

although I love plumb crazy,you should of left it petty blue,besides being the original color,it is also a rare color [just my opinion] are you trying to sell? should be plenty of guys on here that are interested,sounds like a very nice car,good luck

This exactly.The Demon would have been worth a premium and probably easier to sell if it were painted it's desirable original color.That said,Plum Crazy is still a great color but the value is probably gonna be average for a restored Demon instead of a premium.
It does sound like a well optioned car which should help the sale.

Wish I knew you had it before I bought mine. Post # 2 price reply would have looked good. I knew I overpaid when I got it, but after 43 years without, I was sentimental about finding one the same year and color as one I owned new. I paid 15 k. Rebuilt motor , front seat cover, new clutch, paint (poorly) tires , but after a long trip I wasn't going to argue. Price it where you think , see who jumps on it (like me) , you can always come down but not up.

The only response I have for you is this. This is a HOBBY, There for unfortunately it's worth less than you'd hope.

The color change didn't help, is the engine compartment painted black? Probably should stick to good old Chevys. Hard to tell what it would sell for, anywhere from 12k to 18k most likely.

my perspective is when the old car market is soft, like it has been, most look for bargains, unless they are in a hurry to find that car, or buying out of sentiment maybe.

wealthy people are wealthy generally for a reason. many time they are very screwd buyers. most don't find s crewing anyone, IMO

most all us car guys, we love finding bargains. just look at swap meets.

ya want a premium price, have a perfect RARE and DESIRABLE car. rare does not in its equal $$$$$$. not everyone would have craved the Pett Blue, but it would have been rare and desirable. purple is as common as red, especially on a color change.

you asked, replies given.

-
Back