72 Door Striker Switch

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ok i orderd new door striker switches for my Scamp. They are different factory from Driverside to Pass side. The pass side has a 2 blade connector which mates up with the factory. The driver side is different almost hardwired. Has 3 wires instead of the 2. I cant seem to find a replacement. Or figure out why they are different. Can someone help?

Where did you order yours from? I posted a similar question a few months ago and...I think nobody replied.

If anyone has them, I still need mine.

And I think the driver's side is different because of some of the light group functions like the ignition switch light, delay relay timer, and some other stuff that is on the wiring diagram that I can't find anything about.

The ignition switch light is exclusive to the driver's door and would not need to come on for the passenger door, for example.

I'm in the same boat as you man, I stopped by 4 different auto parts stores today with no luck. They all treat me like I'm stupid saying well the car is over 40 years old, someone could have changed it out by now! If I have any luck finding the part I'll let you know.

See Im glad Im not the only one. I thought i bought the right ones the pass side one is fine. The driver is what I need.

I gave it to you, 3488435 The other links I posted show less expensive, if they have them.

Don't be too shocked at price, these are NOS. Original Chrysler parts.

When I get time I'll go through the diagrams and chase this all down It's a mess.

-
Back