-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Maybe no one wants a good, dependable, turn key drive-it-anywhere car. I just drove this car from Texas to North Carolina. What more do you want?

72 Duster. Started life as a gold or tan /6 column auto car. Now has a mild 360, headers, MSD 6A, 727, 8.75 w/3.91 sure grip, BBP, Wilwood front discs. Since I bought it I've replaced the 3" pipes with 2.5", rebuilt the front suspension including 1" T-bars and prototype ADDCO sway bar, replaced rear springs and shocks. Has new Year One tail light harness, dash harness, engine harness. Rewired the MSD (correctly). Under dash triple gauges, in dash CD (with remote), electric choke, and MSD all wired in WITHOUT cutting or splicing any of the new wiring.

Wheels are 15x4 front (Summit knockoffs) rears are Weld 15x8" with 275 tires. Also replaced the radiator, added a shroud and clutch, ditched the electric pump for a big Carter mechanical with custom bent fuel line, new alternator, Spectre filter with K&N lid, new group 27 battery, new custom Legendary seat covers, replaced the steering wheel, installed factory seat belts, replaced all the bulbs in the dash and tail lights. Guess you get the idea I've done a LOT of work making this a nice car to drive.

What still needs to be done is fix a spot of rust in each rocker (have rockers I removed from a pan) and spot of rust @ lower outside corner of driver's side tail light. Also I had planned to un-Chevy the engine compartment. (I have single stage color-matched paint already) and some minor things here and there. I also have a floor shift column (from a 73) for it and tried to install it, but it seemed to be to short (yes, it's a PS column for a PS car). Driver's tail light is cracked. Trunk is all black and needs to be prettied up.

Located in GREENSBORO North Carolina area and can be driven anywhere there is pavement. $10,250

Remember what your mother told you. If you can't say anything nice (or you aren't interested in the car) DON'T say anything at all.

Pics of the car and a couple from the 1200+ mile drive are here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=98863

He's talking about the cement slab your duster is sitting on.. in the pic..

nice duster by the way, those rear tails look sick blacked out.. think i might do that with mine. 8)

Aaah....The slab isn't actually that thick. But it did take a full 10 yards to pour the beam on that end of the slab.

Pics during the drive are now up at the above link. Ya ought to like this one, 3500rpm, 67mph, 170*, 60psi oil pressure, and ammeter centered. I can see why no one wants this car
Picture_122.jpg

Somebody buy this thing. It's a nice little car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back