72 Duster Dash Pad

-

Paladin06

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got some cracks in my dash pad. I don't want to replace it just cover it. Who makes/sells a good dash pad cover?

Part Deus....can someone walk me through the removal and install of the dash pad, if I wanted to replace instead of cover it with a pad?

if you wanna remove it.... its not gonna be very easy, but....there are nuts under the dash that hold it on. can t remember exactly how many, but you should be able to see most of them. they are all along the edge of where the pad mounts to the dash frame. i believe there are a couple of tricky ones in the 2 far corners of the pad. once you get those out...it should come out. there will more than likely be a lot of crap in your way to get at the nuts.
i found vinyl at the fabric store that is identical to the grain thats on the pad. i plan on just recovering mine cause it is still very flat, but has a couple of small cracks in it. you could take it to an upholstery shop once you get it out and see what they can do for you. i was gonna buy one a few years ago at the nats for 200. the more i looked at it....i realized it was simply recovered, so i passed. good luck. let us know what you come up with.

i just replaced mine with a repop a couple months ago. really easy once you find the nuts,i think five,plus the two in the corners. they will bite you in the *** if you forget about them! mine were covered up with glue or something so you may have to dig them out.

Thanks to all the great help I got here my dash pad removal was a piece of cake. I dropped the steering column, removed the instrument bezel (sent it for refinish), removed the glove box liner. The 5 center nuts were only finger tight and the 2 end screws were easy as well. Replaced my air vents and hoses while all was apart, repositioned some electrical cables and did a general clean up. New dash pad goes in tomorrow. Hope to have bezel back next week.

thanks again

Greg A

-
Back