72 Duster engine change out 318 to a 360

-

72DUSTYBLUE

Reaction score
Just started the process to up grade from a 318 to a 70s 360 rebuild. Still getting info about what all has to be changed out to accommodate the 360. Anyone with any info about a needed torque converter change? Haven't committed to anything yet, but I'm ready to move on with this part of the restore. Seriously considering a small street cam and flat hi compression pistons to give the 360 a bit more HP. So far it seems as though I can do this for under 2,500 dollars. I have all new externals on the 318 to include a Edlebrook 650 4brl and intake. A hi torque starter and new distributor. Have been told that the parts will transfer to a early 70s 360 long block. The question seems to be more about the 318 and 340 being internally balanced and the 360 being externally balanced. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Mistakes and bad ideas cost$$$. Don't want to do either one of those. Already found out that when you pull up in a nice 72 Duster and they quickly see the driver is also an antique. First thing is they see money and the sharks start circling. So much so that as hard as it is. I feel much more comfortable doing it all myself. That's more rewarding and I don't have to get a knot in my stomach knowing I just left a shop with a serious hole in my wallet.#-o

-
Back