'72 Duster finishing touches

• Thread starter Deleted member 44901
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 44901

I purchased a 1972 Plymouth Duster that is nearly completely restored. The man and his son worked together on it. The son's error is my gain. Which is fantastic for me as I don't have the tools, garage space nor mechanical knowledge to do much more than what is left. :)

My first "project" was to put the original door lock knobs (picture attached) and hood bumpers (no picture) on the car. May seem silly but I am thrilled. Reminds me of the '74 I had as a teenager as my first car.

The next thing that's a must is to hook up the power steering.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_2394.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2407.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2408.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2409.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 334
yea, nothing wrong with that! Looks like you need what - a pair of headlight bezels and some clean up on the paint/body on right rear.. nice score! I like the color... :twisted:

That's where it starts peanut. I would order a nice black 340 stripe for that baby. Like the bench with center arm rest.

Nice Duster! As TF360 said, it needs some stripes. Pretty easy to install yourself if you're patient. Love the Orange!

Thanks everyone! I'm picking it up from the shop today. Had some mechanical work done, brakes and steering. And bringing home a list of other mechanical things that need to do done. At least I can drive it safer.

looks great..keep it up...I would vote for some white stripes

IMG_2828.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG
In the past few months, I've gotten new brakes, power steering pulley and belt, new windshield wipers, a new battery, new valve cover gaskets, painted the underside of the hood black and polished the chrome valve covers so they actually look chrome. Now I'm looking for a new steering gear box (posted in a different thread). These are before and after pictures and I believe I uploaded them opposite, so you see the after first then the before. Oh well!!

-
Back