'72 Duster How to I tighten the push out windows

-

MattP

Reaction score
My rear push out window mechanism is loose on the driver side. It appears to be a simple phillips screw but when I tried to tighten it the sucker wouldn't budge.

I figured I'd come ask you guys before I put the grunt to it and damaged the glass or some locking mechanism I can't see.

I think the tint guy came to the same conclusion as it's much looser now than when I dropped it off. I hope he didn't break anything. :-(

anybody?

It looks like a simple phillips screw into the round piece that sandwiches the glass. Is that it and a little penetrating oil would break it free?

Ok, did some net digging and came up with this.

glass.jpg

1. It looks like its just a screw and I'm going to try some PB Blast and a little more torque.

2. I hope it doesn't break 'cause it's expensive if it does.

Take the screw out and check the threads on it and on the round part it screws into. It shouldn't take much torque at all. If the round part is stripped out, see if any members on here have one you can buy. Those prices in that picture are ridiculous.

Take the screw out and check the threads on it and on the round part it screws into. It shouldn't take much torque at all. If the round part is stripped out, see if any members on here have one you can buy. Those prices in that picture are ridiculous.

Will do and report back.

Fixed it. Wrapped the outside piece in tape so it wouldn't scuff and used a set of small vice grips to hold on to it. Tightened right up.. Thanks guys

-
Back