72 duster rebuild

-
Reaction score
i have a 72 duster, previous owner (or who ever) has 73-up front bumper, grill, valance on car, already found hood & grill, question is does anybody know if fenders are the same? i thought dusters fenders were the same 70-76 and up? thx

No they are slightly different for the two body periods. Marker lights and the headlight buckets are different for the fenders. I think top of fender might be different due to the hood style as well if I remember correctly. They will bolt on from car to car, but that is why you have to use what ever grill and hood type based on the period of fender being used.

I put a '74 Duster fender on my '72. As far as I could/can tell the only difference was at the top front of the fender. The '72 has a small bracket welded on to position and hold the top of the grill panel. On the '74 I fabricated and welded a bracket. Marker lights were the same '72 vs '74. I think the '70-71 marker lights were different.
I think the headlight buckets were the same, and top of the fenders are the same.
C

Correct on the side marker lights being different on 70-71, people have used the later fenders and welded in the early marker light bezels.

-
Back