72 Duster Rocker Panel Replacement

-

four_gear

Reaction score
I ordered some replacement rockers the other day and i just received them. JUNK! They are the only thing available that i have been able to find. They are too short in length, the bends are all wrong and they have no contour to them at all. Surely I am not the only one who has ran into this before. I was just wondering what everyone else has done. Do i modify these to make them fit or should i just scrap them all together and build them myself? The existing ones are rusted right through on the face and the bottom, but inside the door jamb they look to be fairly solid. I have not sandblasted the car yet so i could always be surprised. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks

Hold panels up to car and take a bunch of pictures highlighting fitment issues.
Email them to vendor that you got them from explaining you want either the correct ones OR your money back.

See what they say.

Way ahead of you. I called the company I bought them from and there is nothing they can do. They were purchased over 2 years ago and he said that that is still the best quality you can get. He said that hopefully this year some better ones will become available. He also said he usually sells them in threes and not just pairs, simply because you have to use the third on to make the other two long enough. Maybe i can used them to patch the lowers on my doors?!

-
Back