'72 Duster

-

clhyer

Reaction score
I hung my first part today!!!
It was supposed to hit the low 60's today so I took the afternoon off. Done a little work on a door, sandblasted a couple parts and before calling it a day, hung the right side UCA. A GREAT DAY, I HAVE STARTED!:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Oh, it probably did hit 65 in the sun too.
C

DCP_2661.jpg

DCP_2662.jpg

Bolts are in backwards. The head with cam should be on the outside of the control arm. Don't forget to screw the ball joint in all the way.

Wylde1.

Bolts are in backwards. The head with cam should be on the outside of the control arm. Don't forget to screw the ball joint in all the way.

Wylde1.

Wylde1, I think you are incorrect...The bolt head with the cam, faces out, like he has it. That is how I have mine...And also there's a diagram in the manual, showing them pointing out...

Pic from my manual:
2n7jnk2.jpg

2mflopf.jpg

Wylde1, I think you are incorrect...The bolt head with the cam, faces out, like he has it. That is how I have mine...And also there's a diagram in the manual, showing them pointing out...

Ooooooops... my bad. I must need sleep or sumptin'. In the top pic it looks like the cam's not touching anything.

Wylde1.

Wylde1, good eye. The cams are not seated. I just got it in place and snapped the pic. When I get the left side attached (got to paint and install bushings yet) I will rent the socket set the ball joints.
Good to know folks are looking...
C

Looking good. Pressing out the old bushings can be a pita. I had to take a torch and heat them before they would let go. Did you buy a kit or are you just piecing it together? I went with energy suspension and really tightened up the front end on my dart. Good luck

Badart, bought all Moog & TRW pieces a couple at a time. I purchased a real heavy duty press at a farm auction awhile back, with the right "attachments" most of the work has been a piece of cake. No more using a socket and BFH! Yeah...

-
Back