-
Status
Not open for further replies.

d55dave

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I am wanting a late build (after July) 72 or a 73 (any 73) C body to act as a donor for doing a disc brake swap on my friends 65 Sport Fury Ragtop. Preferably a reasonably priced car in Western Canada or the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks!

Hello..iv got a line on a 76 dodge coronet parting out with disc still attached,and a set of fmj spindels...either of these do you any good ..j

No, thanks though.

According to my research the front end was completely re designed on C bodies in 74. Up to mid 72 had 2 piece rotors and different bearing diameters, replacement parts are hard to find for these cars. Late 72 and 73 only had spindles which bolt on the earlier cars, and used the common light truck / B van single piece rotors and calipers, this is the set up that I am after.

I'm very leary of the ability to put "C" body spindles on an early "B" body and get alignable and driveable geometry, but would never say it can't be done. I used to run the (4) piston '67-'69 "C" body brakes on my first autocross car before rotors became unobtainable, a '64 barracuda, but those were adapted to '66-'69 four piston "B" body spindles on the car. You can easily use the '73 only "C" body 11.75 x 1.25 wide unicast rotors on big bolt "A" spindles or the "F", "M", or "J" body spindles. All you have to do is put spacers between the caliper bracket and spindle (.120-.140 thk.) I run these massive rotors on the Valiant in my avatar pic. Only down side I've noticed is that with frequent hard braking in autocross style events I tear up the lower ball joints. And there is a weight penalty to a degree as they are heavy. In local yards here it's actually rarer to see a "C" body in the yard than an "A" body any more, so finding them may be difficult.

I will keep my eyes open for you. I know the 73 Cbody spindles are a one year only deal (for the most part) and dont come round often here but they do once in a blue moon.

64 was the last year the fury was a b-body, in 65 the
fury went to a c-body platform.

X2
I have all the parts you would need to do that conversion.
But mailing into Canada would be hundreds, and hundreds, of dollars, getting parts into your country.
That stuff is super heavy, and probably weighs 70-75 pounds, per side, complete.
Jim V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back