-
Status
Not open for further replies.

seymour_scamp

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
1972 Scamp. This is a good driver car, not quite as nice in person.(pics make it look better than in person). Body is rust free but has lots of dents dings, and some poor bodywork. Right quarter was replaced before I got it, and I welded in a patch panel in driver side... you can see the poor wavy bodywork.
I scuffed and amateur resprayed and did not fix any dents, dings(2 yrs ago). The paint turned out very orange peeled, but its just
been a driver for me. Its green metallic single stage acrylic enamel so it cannot be sanded out. Floors have amateur patch panels welded in as you can see in pics.

Has rebuilt 360 (~2k miles) with Speedpro Pistons, Heads are (1) X head and (1) J head with 2.02 valves, Fresh valve job at
local shop at same time as motor build. NEw double roller timing chain/balancer, etc. Cam is summit .441/.441 hydraulic.
LD340 intake, Ceramic coated longtube headers, Edelbrock 1406 carb. Motor runs good, I have done a little tuning to the
carb, and got the timing set to where it likes it, but the right person can definitely improve it I believe. Runs really
good, headers still need some tweaking(bending) as ,sometime they make the power steering squeal when turning the wheel. Also has a
leak at the header gasket on driver side, not bad but sounds like metal ticking. Has turbo mufflers.

I have the heater hoses plugged off because there is a leak in the heater core or attachment point to the firewall.
Interior is nice, just needs headliner and armrests. Front and rear seatcovers are from Legendary, carpet is Year One.
Has dash pad cover, and door panels are original but nice.
Car was originally auto, I bought all the parts to witch to 4-speed from Badlilred. A833 4-speed, not OD, Shifts great,
clutch is good, its a Napa brand. Had custom driveshaft made when put in.

Rear is 8-1/4 open w/ 3.55 gear. Wheels are mustang Bullitts, with 1-1/4" adapter spacers in the rear, front has longer
studs with 1/2" spacers. Tires are BF Goodrich Comp T/A's with little less than half tread.
Has front disc brakes(no power) and rear drums. Has new Dakota starter. Recent alignment with -.25 camber. Runs, drives
straight and stops good. Has new moog bushings in Drivers side front but have not had time to do the passenger(have them though) Rear could use new leaf spring bushings, and new shocks. Front has new KYB shocks Has CD player in the glovebox.
There is little to no rust on this car but it's paint is orange peeled and has lots of flaws, don't expect a show-car.
Radiator still does its job but it could use a little larger one.
$7,200 obo I am in Seymour, IN. PM me for questions or if want pictures of certain areas.

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 964
  • photo (10).JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 940
  • photo (9).JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 931
  • photo (8).JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 920
  • photo (6).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 926
  • photo (5).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 938
  • photo (4).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 929
  • photo (3).JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 926
  • photo (2).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 931
  • photo (1).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 943
more pics

Attachments

• photo (19).JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 924
  • photo (18).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 914
  • photo (17).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 917
  • photo (16).JPG
    44 KB · Views: 926
  • photo (15).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 929
  • photo (14).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 914
  • photo (13).JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 920
  • photo (12).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 936
  • photo (11).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 921
  • photo (20).JPG
    46 KB · Views: 930
Looks good! Doesn't coolant usually need to flow between the 2 hoses though? So instead of plugging them, just run a short hose in between the 2? Not being negative, just asking to learn.

You're probably right, I have heard opinions both ways... At work we install summer shutoff valves in one line of brand new forklifts which would be similar to plugging.

Sorry pal, you probably won't have an easy time trying to unload that. Tell you what, Just drop it off at my house and I'll see if I can find some place that'll take it. Just be sure to leave a signed bill of sale. You know, in case the junk dealer needs it.

Looks pretty good from here man. They don't all have to look like show queens. Drive and enjoy is rule#1 for me! Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back