72 Scamp rebuild

-

todde2

Reaction score
I have a 72 Scamp. Would like to restore it to a little more "sporty" condition. It has the inline 6 cyl engine. Thinking about getting the body work done (needs pass rear fender, tail lights, bumpers, hail damage fixed), new vinyl top, new interior and various mechanical fixes(speedometer, shocks, ball joints, bushings etc). I would like to put sporty rims and tires on the vehicle.

Looking for build advice and parts sources. I will need several various parts and not sure if anyone makes after market or not.

Thanks!

Here is a helpful hint from a fellow '72 Scamp owner. The front end sheetmetal is from a '72 Duster and from the doors back is '72 Dart. All of the parts you will need are either from a Dart or Duster, so there is a pretty vast aftermarket out there. And by the way, it's a slant six (instead of inline 6 cyl).

Thanks for the advice! That makes it a lot easier.

Has anyone done a V8 swap in one of these? I dont know that it would be worth the cost. It would be nice to have a few more ponies under the hood!

The car used to be my grandparents. The main goal is to spruce it up with some much needed body work and a new paint job. I would like to put new rims and tires on it to make it look more like a muscle car. engine runs pretty good, just needs some minor leaks fixed. The front end needs some work. Probably new ball joints, shocks etc.

I have been searching around and found some awesome builds. I am kind of getting excited to bring my grandmas old car back to life!

-
Back