'72 scamp ?

-
I am driving it home this weekend, trying to let this weather pass ! I checked over all the "common" rot places, this car is solid ! The only holes I found is 2 tiny holes around the bottom of the rear window seal. Put a magnet over the entire car, only filler is a rectangle shape area on the pass quarter above the wheel lip. Looks like somebody turned into a pole at some time. Doors, front fenders, hood hinge area, door jambs, rockers, ALL floors, wiper cowl are all rust free. Did a pretty lengthy inspection of the roof area since the vinyl top is off, couldn't find one "soft spot" or rot. Hoping for the best once I start removing some paint !! ... Previous owner also replaced front upper control arms, all urethane bushings and new tension rods. needs a serious alignment !
A/C is all intact, but does not work at this time. It will be in full working order by next summer, this car is for the wife. She is begging for a FM3 car ! Right now im debating on replacing the old cream color cardboard headliner with a black replacement or use a Vinyl headliner. Just need to find some bows ...

Great deal.Wheels and tires are worth at least $500. Rebuilt motor worth $1000. You got the rest of the car for $1500! FM3! Panther Pink, Black Vinyl Top and Butt Stripe! That'll ride!

I think the price is fair; but it somewhat depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to make it a driver, it is a good deal. If the brakes are good, the engine is leak free, and the a/c works - buy it to drive. I don't think there is money to be made by "flipping" the car. It would take a lot of work to make it a show car. All the body trim is gone, which indicates it was painted and makes me wonder about the metal under the paint. I'd inspect the inside of the fenders carefully and try to get it onto a lift to carefully inspect the frame and underbelly. Use a magnet to make sure there isn't a lot of filler. If you want to make it a driver, the seats don't bother me a bit - a blanket will hide the tears. If you have to store it outside however, the rust is going to progress rapidly and shine brightly on the white paint.

I want to know what you think, you aren't a novice at this.

57dodged100 - this will def be a driver, not a flip car. It will have modern reclining buckets, retractable seat belts and someday 4 wheel discs. Body work is Chinese to me, so I always worry when I buy a car. But I went all over this one and its almost perfect. Besides the few defects I mentioned earlier, I don't think this will take long to be a nice driver. Looked inside the fenders and underneath the car, did not find any rot, Something about these Cali cars, seem to always have minimal rust.

-
Back