[WANTED] 72 sharktooth broken grille

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try 4 layers of tin foil together, press it on to the pieces you want to duplicate to make a mold.

Then take Fiberglass and Resin and put it into your supported mold to make your new replacement grille parts.

Trim to fit and glue them in carefully with some more fiberglass and resin. Final shape, then paint to match.

I have taken wax paper and spray adhesive, the spray adhesive holds the wax paper in place then you cast your new part off of that. Nice part about the wax paper it will release the fiberglass once it has hardened.

Creative Fixing . . .

You can try 4 layers of tin foil together, press it on to the pieces you want to duplicate to make a mold.

Then take Fiberglass and Resin and put it into your supported mold to make your new replacement grille parts.

Trim to fit and glue them in carefully with some more fiberglass and resin. Final shape, then paint to match.

I have taken wax paper and spray adhesive, the spray adhesive holds the wax paper in place then you cast your new part off of that. Nice part about the wax paper it will release the fiberglass once it has hardened.

Creative Fixing . . .
thanks for the help bill

2020-07-29 duster 001.JPG

price and shipping to 16354 thanks bill

do you have any pics of the grille so i can see if it has what i need thanks bill

2020-07-29 duster 001.JPG

Hey Bill after digging out the grill and looking it over again I think I'm going to keep it and fix it not nearly as bad as I remember it being. Sorry

1/8" fiberglass flat stock can be cut to replace the missing cross bars. (Kind of like the width of a paint stick)

Then you just need to figure out how to make the missing upright. Can be made from fiberglass and resin or Duroglas Body Filler.
price on the stock please thanks bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back