72 Swinger 5.7 HEMI

-
wow, this is my first time reading through this thread and i am just amazed. I just bought a 73 dart swinger this week and have been tossing around different ideas for which direction to go in with it......and i just found it! this car is absolutely amazing! this is what ill be shooting for in the next couple of years to come. with some differences of course but this is what i want. ill be asking you questions for quite some time. bear with me.

Thanks for the kind words. Trust me , if you build something like this you are gonna love it. You won't be able to stay out of it. It's a whole new world having one of these beauties that is computer driven. How many times have all of us stood there looking at our classic, wondering if we should take it on a little outing or errands, only to leave it sit because it's a pain in the ***--for whatever reason. Problem solved.

I'm at it again, this time with a '68 Barracuda. You can follow what I'm up to here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53074

Just getting started.

battlefield sunset 009 (Small).jpg

I would have to say that you are pretty much my idol now, hahahaha. Outstanding build, I cant put what I want to say about your car into words. Absolutely beautiful!

After collecting parts for several years, I am thinking of changing directions with my Demon.

I have read this thread over and over several times... thinking to myself, "how cool is that"!

I have an alterkation front end to put in the car, and I have built a 4 link coilover 8 3/4 rear... and the sub frame connectors have been welded in.

Been working the body to get it straight and true before paint.

I was getting a 360 prepped for rebuild, when I got a call from a friend of mine that owns a wrecking yard... he told me that he has a "T-boned 09 Challenger SRT8 6.1 / 6 speed in his wrecking yard"...

Needless to say that I am going down on Saturday to "check it out"!

Thinking that with the alterkation front end, I would use engine plates to mount the engine in solid. Then fab up a dual air intake tube setup where a pair of conical filters would protrude up into the hood scoop holes... true ram air! I could also get a supercharger for it at cost and make it a screamer.

That drivetrain installed in a lightened Demon should produce some very low E/T's for sure.

That is very very VERY nice brother!
Out of curiousity
Done an et yet?

14 flat @ 98mph--not real quick. It would probably take twenty minutes to lighten it up enough to get low 13's. Not real interested in that, however.

My Barracuda, on the other hand, should do much better with the 6.1, but again, I could care less. Not much into drag racing--I'd rather go faster for longer periods of time. Short bursts are OK, but long 160MPH plus runs are more fun. The biggest speed rush of my life was averaging 156MPH over 33 laps at Charlotte Speedway in one of Petty's cars. There is no comparison. The level of concentration needed makes drag racing seem downright boring.

I have seen this car at Mason Dixon last month. Really nice job on the install.

I must be asleep at the wheel... cant believe I didnt see this thread earlier.. dude your Dart is absolutly beautiful... great job, and congrats on being in the magazine.. your car deserves it

I have seen this car at Mason Dixon last month. Really nice job on the install.

Thanks. Yeah, went to the Mason-Dixon show with my daughter for the day--we had a great time. They opened the drag strip up to all 210 show cars on the field--only THREE went out. One of them was me and my humble Dart. I was ashamed of my fellow MOPAR collectors--what a bunch of sissies. They all sit around talking about what a bad-*** car they have, yet don't have the balls to drive the damn thing 1/4 of a mile. Embarrassed as well for my brothers in the hobby....

The kicker? These sissies left the show doing dumbass burnouts and grabbing second gear out on National Pike as they left. Real smart, real tough.

I can't say what I really think 'cause I don't want to be kicked out of here.

I'll find something else to do that Sunday next year. I've only been to a few car shows in my life, but if this is the norm you can count me out--I'll be at the TasteeFreeze talking with real people.

only 3 went out????? see I hate that.. I have been under the impression we build these cars to have fun with... they opened the strip up, open invitation to show what all that money and time can do, and to have some real fun, and no one goes out? ... I am with you.. bunch of sissies.. Glad to hear you had some fun with you Dart. btw.. what did it run?

Thanks. Yeah, went to the Mason-Dixon show with my daughter for the day--we had a great time. They opened the drag strip up to all 210 show cars on the field--only THREE went out. One of them was me and my humble Dart. I was ashamed of my fellow MOPAR collectors--what a bunch of sissies. They all sit around talking about what a bad-*** car they have, yet don't have the balls to drive the damn thing 1/4 of a mile. Embarrassed as well for my brothers in the hobby....

The kicker? These sissies left the show doing dumbass burnouts and grabbing second gear out on National Pike as they left. Real smart, real tough.

I can't say what I really think 'cause I don't want to be kicked out of here.

I'll find something else to do that Sunday next year. I've only been to a few car shows in my life, but if this is the norm you can count me out--I'll be at the TasteeFreeze talking with real people.
everytime when I'm coming over in the States for my company I'm at MasonDixon. So I hope to see you next time. Got some questions.... ;-)

how did u get those wheels under there? i thought those wheels were 9 inches wide in the back

-
Back