rich_mc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hello All,
Complete and utter noob here on this site, but I’m hoping to help someone out with getting a cool car. I’ve got a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger for sale.

The Good Stuff:
360/904 combo with maybe 10K miles on it (Car has about 87-89K itself)
8-¾ Rear end with 3.55 sure-grip
4 wheel power disc brakes
Rear tires and wheels have maybe 100 miles on them. The front wheels and tires aren’t much older.

The Bad Stuff:
It needs some bodywork
The carpets kinda rough looking
The driver’s side window works, but it’s a little tough and the knob is missing off the handle.
The heater blower switch stopped working and I rigged up a toggle for it. I since bought a used switch at a swap meet, but have never installed it.

I bought this car when I was 15 and it was my daily driver through high school and part of college. I’m now 28 and I have only gotten it out a few times a year since I was about 20-21.

Since I’ve gotten completely out of the old car hobby, I thought I’d try to sell it (gonna use the money to do a little fixing up on the house, and maybe buy another cheapy dual-sport bike) I took it to a local classic car dealer for an appraisal to get an idea of where to price it and they recommended $7500. I’ll make it $7500 OBO…If you have a non-cruiser bike you want to partially trade, let me know and I MIGHT be interested.

I’ll post a few pics here. If you wanna see more, let me know….

You may contact me through this website, or better yet a McNeely_Richard @ yahoo.com

Thanks….

IM000323.jpg

IM000327.jpg

IM000322-1.jpg

IM000331.jpg

IM000345.jpg

IM000339.jpg

IM000342.jpg

IM000323.jpg

IM000323.jpg

IM000327.jpg

IM000327.jpg

IM000322-1.jpg

IM000322-1.jpg

IM000331.jpg

IM000331.jpg

IM000345.jpg

IM000345.jpg

IM000339.jpg

IM000339.jpg

IM000342.jpg

IM000342.jpg

Guys - Offer me a little feedback....

Since I've been out of the hobby so long, I just don't know the values of these cars anymore.

Is the asking price out of line?

Is there something about the car that makes it undesirable??

I know it's only been on here a few days, but I'm curious as to the opinions of some folks more knowledgable about it than myself....

Thanks,
Rich

Hmm.. my Post disappeared lol..

I'm not looking myself, but I'll offer my opinion.

As presented the car looks like it will make a nice driver as is. The engine / drivetrain combo sounds ready to go, and is good for someone looking for a car that is already setup this way. From the pictures, the body appears solid, albeit probably can use some freshening and paint soon. The interior is green, nice.. but green. Even though it's nice, unless the exterior is painted white or green, it might end up being swapped out. I'm not sure of yellow/green combo, so others might feel either "repaint" or "reinterior". The car looks like it would make a nice 340 Swinger clone.

The upper value of A-bodies is pretty dependent on the engine drivetrain tagged on the VIN, and for a 6cyl. car, the 7500 seems reasonable.

Since you've included a "selling" value that someone would list the car for (and it says not "pay" that), you might have to give observant readers a price break lol.

Otherwise, price is reasonable.

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back