[Found!] 727 4 CLUTCH DIRECT DRUM

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch, how to check them for what you want?
Thanks for the reply. The bushing in the front of the drum is about 7/8 inch wide. This denotes 1971 and newer which I have.(the older ones are closer to 1/2 inch. When you look inside the drum, the snap rig groove on a 4 clutch is near the top edge, whereas the 3 disk drum has the snap ring groove deeper in the drum.

This is a 4 disk drum

08-727-wide-front-clutch-retainer-bushing-1971-up.jpg

Here is my 3 disc drum
IMG_0153.JPG

I'm not following?
Sorry Troy, I edited my post. I meant I have 4 clutch drums. Also u can put 4 thin clutches and steels in a 3 clutch drum. U can also have a new groove machined higher in either drum to add more clutches. U can also mill the piston and or the pressure plate down also. Kim

This may not be what you are looking for, but Pat Blais has it, and he is a good guy and will guarantee quality. Pat likely has more performance 727 cores from 340s to Hemi than anybody. You can contact him through this link as he never set up a web site just make contact and deal directly if you prefer.

Sorry Troy, I edited my post. I meant I have 4 clutch drums. Also u can put 4 thin clutches and steels in a 3 clutch drum. U can also have a new groove machined higher in either drum to add more clutches. U can also mill the piston and or the pressure plate down also. Kim
If I can't find a 4 clutch drum, I was going to turn the pressure plate to accommodate the the four clutches.....Hoping for the drum though. Have you got anything you want to part with?

What’s the part number for your transmission? I might have one, but I would need the part number first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back