727 b&m shift install question

-

Mopar2

Reaction score
installed a b&m shift improver on my 727 in my 68 dart. It goes into reverse like normal, then in drive gears it engages and takes off very slowly when taking off with not much throttle, then if i gas it hard it acts as though im doing an "neutral drop" and tires turn-over really good. shifts up and down fine and does NOT bark tires between shifts if driving easy or hard. Was wondering if this is normal for a 727 to do this after intalling the b&m shift improver in the street/strip mode?

also im not driving the car untill i find out if this is ok or not so im not damaging anything just in case.

thanks

also just for more info I added all B&M trick shift fluid to trans for the refill.

thanks

Not normal at all. I guarantee it'll trash the trans real fast. You can pull the valve body out and check it over real careful to make sure everything was done properly when the kit was installed. If so I have no idea what to tell you to fix it other than yank it out and put a Trans-go kit in. I quit using B&M kits a long time ago due to their inconsistency.

BTW: I assume the trans. worked properly before the B&M kit was installed??

Dont you have to remove the accumulator spring with those kits. Seems years ago,20 or more I had one with problems and thats what fixes it.

it shifted exactly like a stock trans is suppose to before install. will pull it back apart in a few hours

problem solved, left a little spring out on the throttle part of the valve body.........

thanks for the help anyhow

Dont you have to remove the accumulator spring with those kits. Seems years ago,20 or more I had one with problems and thats what fixes it.

Yeah you do remove it but you also install a blocker rod. If you don't put the rod in the servo can break.

problem solved, left a little spring out on the throttle part of the valve body.........

thanks for the help anyhow

Glad to hear you got it.

-
Back