727 Buildup grease?

-

Chrippa

Reaction score
Hi!

I have just recived new parts for my 727 and have everything i need to start assembling the trans again. But i dont really know what grease to use when assembling!

Is there a special type to be used when lubing the parts when they are put in ? As i live in Sweden i probably dont have access to all the products you living in the US/Canada has.

Any recomendations ?

Thx everyone! :)

//Chris

Alright!!:thumbup:
Thanks for your answer , ill go on and use vasoline :)

//Chris

You should use only ATF when assembling an auto trans. The frictions and bands need to be soaked for a minimum of 4 hours so they are not dry at all when installed. If they are dry at all they will burn up in the trans. I soak my frictions overnight.

Chuck

340mopar said:
You should use only ATF when assembling an auto trans. The frictions and bands need to be soaked for a minimum of 4 hours so they are not not dry at all when installed. If they are dry at all they will burn up in the trans. I soak my frictions overnight.

Chuck
What he said, I use transgel or vasoline to hold thrusts and lube seal rings, etc.

The stuff I have now is Napa p/n 765-2615, the last stuff I had was called "Transgel" on the label. It works really well.

-
Back