727 flex plate sheild recommendations

-

Byron Gray

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a flex plate sheild for my car I'm planning on racing it and want the extra safety. I bought a quick time one off summit and I'm either not seeing something or I got a messed up part. I'm not seeing how the holes line up. I'm wondering if any one knows a good sheild I can get that won't require me cutting the floor the make it fit. 73 Duster 360/727.

20210510_173912.jpg

I'm not a drag racer, if there's certain NHRA class rules you will have to abide by them if you want to race. 65'

I'm not a drag racer, if there's certain NHRA class rules you will have to abide by them if you want to race. 65'
Right I do not know how fast the car is going to go yet so I was just going to get one and put it on since I have the engine out of the car.

I thought the CSR carbon fiber shield was the hot ticket, so I tried it in the '69 BB dart with 727...... no dice.... it would not clear the tunnel towards the rear of the trans.... I would have had to fab a 1" lower crossmember just to bolt it up. Shame, as it looked like it fit like a glove too. Now i'm still looking, like you.

-
Back