727 help

-

245rv

Reaction score
i am putting together a 360 stroker dart,i got the car with a904 trans that had a lot of hop up stuff done bottom line i got the car running and the 904 with 0 miles wont move ,so i bailed on it and got a 707 ,can someone tell me what its from and if its a good choice for a 550 hp 360 what should i have done to it some say not much ,this car will be mainly on the street,with a few fun runs at the strip here is the numbers pk3640414/////////4226............4843,,,,, i think it will be reliable with this 707 and a 8-3/4 rear end that i have to find yet that will be the next weak link i want to do it once and right i hope ////

From what I found its a small block 727 so it will work with your motor. 727s are stronger than 904s but you should find out if its in good shape first if the history is unknown.

This is where I looked up the transmission numbers.

[ame]http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/transguide.pdf[/ame]

So you completely scrapped the idea of using the 904? if its a simple fix they take quite a bit less power to turn than a 727, I'm running a 999 (beefier 904) behind my healthy 360 without issues.

Also I wouldnt worry about using the 8 3/4 those are pretty beefy.

ok great thanks for that info are all 727,s good or are there some years that are better ?

i think this is a hard question to answer cause some of them are reaching 50 yrs old. they could contain lots of good stuff or nothing at all. if you stayed in between 71 -80 non lock-up that has good looking oil, buy it. you can always upgrade the parts as needed.

well i bought 3 727 s 2 small block and one big block got all 3 for 150 should be able to get a good one out of them.......:burnout:

yes i new the 3 were a good deal the seller was dumping all his parts,i got lucky now if only i could find a good price on a 8-3/4 rear end

-
Back