727 help

-
is it possible something went awry on the engine install with regard to the transmission? torque converter hub not seated properly, torque converter not engaged properly, kick down or linkage not attached properly, a bent or kinked line?

and maybe one of those instances were already at work, and changing the fluid & filter just happened to be a coincidence with the problem you're currently having.

I can't see how the pinion leak would have any effect on transmission operation.
I assumed they changed the seeal and over torqued the crush sleeve if it had one. I learned they didn't touch it.

What rear end does it have. Last 3 digits will determine if it has a crush sleeve. As said, I don't think that's your issue.Your kickdown linkage adjustment might have changed? It regulates pressure for your shifts. You could turn the linkage adjuster in (shorter) a few turns and see if that helps. That's up by your intake manifold. Just remember where you started so you can put it back if it's not the issue.
There is also a screw at the tranny that regulates your pressure. That's another can of worms I wouldn't touch that until I was absolutely sure what the factory setting is.
Just wondering if those were touched when doing the work you did.

Last edited:
What rear end does it have. Last 3 digits will determine if it has a crush sleeve. As said, I don't think that's your issue.Your kickdown linkage adjustment might have changed? It regulates pressure for your shifts. You could turn the linkage adjuster in (shorter) a few turns and see if that helps. Just remember where you started so you can put it back if it's not the issue.
I think it's a manual vb

If I remember correctly reverse manual valve body had no throttle linkage needed (Mopar kit) and governor pressure not needed? As stated above double check fluid level.

I don't think it was even the transmission I don't think we was getting good spark we changed spark plug wires and distributor and now it's running right

I have a 727 transmission in a 75 scamp with a built 340 it has a reverse full Manual valve body it was running good then I changed transmission fluid and put atf+4 in it now when driving sometimes it feels like the car is braking and holding it back I can floor it in 2nd gear and it want tach over 4000 and the brakes are not sticking pretty sure it's the transmission. Can someone help if the transmission can cause that
is it possible something went awry on the engine install with regard to the transmission? torque converter hub not seated properly, torque converter not engaged properly, kick down or linkage not attached properly, a bent or kinked line?

and maybe one of those instances were already at work, and changing the fluid & filter just happened to be a coincidence with the problem you're currently having.

I can't see how the pinion leak would have any effect on transmission operation.

I can't tell you how many times I've replaced a fuel filter when the customer stated the trans wont up shift on acceleration. Most times with plug wires causing a problem will be with a misfire and will cause a pop shaking feel, if engine only gets to 4000 rpms and won't go higher it's more like low fuel volume, restricted exhaust or air or filters to name a few. now do you feel lucky you get to learn something new lol.

-
Back