-
Status
Not open for further replies.

d55dave

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale a TCI 143524 mopar 8" torque converter. This is a race converter built for a high revving small block with a 727. It was custom built by TCI, is rollerized and has anti balooning plates. It has not been installed since being opened and freshened by torque converter specialties. It should flash to 6500 RPM. New this converter is more than 1100 USD. I am open to offers and will consider trades on mopar big block parts or a more moderate converter. Located in western Canada. Asking 550 OBO

...........Does it have a steel stator so it can be used with a trans brake............thanks...........kim......
I dont know kim, i will call TCI on Monday and ask. I spoke with them last week and they were very good to deal with, they confirmed that it was custom built by them, had anti balooning plates etc. I would suspect that it does.

...........Does it have a steel stator so it can be used with a trans brake............thanks...........kim......
Kim,

I spoke with TCI again. The assured me thay this converter features a steel stator and is designed for use with a trans brake. He said that in a heavy big block car it should stall around 5400 to 6000 and in a lighter car around 5000 to 5500. Let me know if you want more info.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back