727 iD?

-

GeorgeH

Reaction score
I'm looking at a transmission # G2538333. I think I found the correct info as it being a 1966 case. My question is what should it have as far an input shaft 19? or 24? I has 24 and wondering if this thing is a hodgepodge of parts. Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Possible it was converted to 24 splines? wondering what the pitfalls are or if someone shoved a later model pump and shaft in it.

Last edited:
That could be. The New CRT reverse Manual shift 727 trans I have is a 66 Case. That John at CRT built for my68Barracuda.

That could be. The New CRT reverse Manual shift 727 trans I have is a 66 Case. That John at CRT built for my68Barracuda.
I might have to give him a call. There's much conflicting info on the net about it. Some sources say 24 splines in 66, and others in 67. Just trying to get an idea of what to look for and if they are correct parts during the tear down.

That is a transition year. But You can make it what ever you want. Just need the right parts.

That is a transition year. But You can make it what ever you want. Just need the right parts.
I usually am not very lucky, but maybe this time, it came equipped this way and all the right stuff is there. lol

..........big block 727s came thru in 66 with 24 spline input shafts, small block 727s got 24 splines in 67. 904s changed in 68....kim......

-
Back