727 inspection plate issues

-

synchro66

Reaction score
I just bolted my oil pan back on after having it notched for a power steer conversion. Im having difficulty getting the inspection plate to its original position. Do the transmission bolts all need to be loosened and the trans moved back a 1/4" in order for it to work or am i missing something simple?? (Starter motor is out of car)

BB or SB?

My first thought is No,

It should slide in and out with no issue.

No need to move the transmission. ..but I'll say that in my experience, those plates can be a real PITA!
Just put mine in last weekend. ....total *****...lol

Jeff

Also remember, the plate goes first, then the starter goes through it!

Jeff

No need to move the transmission. ..but I'll say that in my experience, those plates can be a real PITA!
Just put mine in last weekend. ....total *****...lol

Jeff
OK thanks guys ...I went back this morning after spending an hour yesterday trying to get it in place.....bingo!!! ...went in first try. How does that work????

OK thanks guys ...I went back this morning after spending an hour yesterday trying to get it in place.....bingo!!! ...went in first try. How does that work????

No dirt in eyes really helps.

-
Back