727 kick down lever on rev man vb

-

360moparjunkie

Reaction score
I have a fresh 727/360/4k stall installed in the 73 dart/scamp.
Trans has reverse manual valve body. I have no prev experience with these.
1. Do I need to hook up the kick down lever on the side of transmission? All this hardware is missing from prev owner.
2. Will the transmission shift on its own 1-3 in drive or will I have to manually shift 1st-3rd each time I drive.
3. Will leaving the kick down lever unhooked cause shifts to always be soft even at full throttle shifts?

Thank you.

u don't need the kickdown...u must always manually shift...no burnouts or stunting in 1st gear...

u don't need the kickdown...u must always manually shift...no burnouts or stunting in 1st gear...

Ok. I was just reading on sprag vulnerability in 1st gear. I assume once all set up I can hammer itvout of the hole and shift to 2nd alright. Thats why I bought it ey. Burn outs in 1st are bad...got.

Are any first gear burn out safe?

I have a fresh 727/360/4k stall installed in the 73 dart/scamp.
Trans has reverse manual valve body. I have no prev experience with these.

1. Do I need to hook up the kick down lever on the side of transmission? All this hardware is missing from prev owner.

No. It's not needed.

2. Will the transmission shift on its own 1-3 in drive or will I have to manually shift 1st-3rd each time I drive.

No, it will not upshift or downshift on it's own. That's why it's called a manual valve body. Every gear change is done manually by you

3. Will leaving the kick down lever unhooked cause shifts to always be soft even at full throttle shifts?

No. The throttle pressure is disabled in a manual valve body

Thank you.

With mine, I was told by TransGo to wire the kickdown lever all the way back. So I got rid of all the linkages and just wired the lever.

Not sure if it's the same for reverse pattern though.

...........A trans go kit is totally different than a rmv body, like said u don't need it for the rmvb.................kim.........

-
Back