727 kickdown help

-

tnts72

Reaction score
So there is currently nothing installed on this Duster other than the lever arm on the transmission.

I noticed the rpm flair up between 2nd and 3rd when driving it so I began researching, 727 must have kickdown linkage hooked up to function properly... Question is the thottle cable mount I have even correct, and should I be looking for a cable or a linkage / rod setup?

Clearly no more road tests until the linkage situation is addressed... Sorry for the poor picture, but it is all I have currently. Will take some additional ones this evening. SB 318 / 727 from an 80's van I believe.

Attachments

• Duster Throttle Linkage.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 191
..................The bell crank is for a 2 barrel carb set up......factory 4 bbl linkage is getting hard to find, u will be better off getting a cable set up from Lockar or I think Mancini sell them also...kim......

Thank you, I will start hunting for some pictures of other guys setups

That is a 2v bracket that someone cobbled.

Find a 4v bracket and the appropriate throttle pressure linkage.

Don't drive it until corrected, or a trans rebuild will be in your immediate future.

4V bracket found at a local yard. Cleaned up / installed and adjusted. Transmission now shifts as it should and kickdown works as it should. I just adjusted it so there is no play in the transmission lever at WOT, wasn't much of an adjustment from where it was originally in the donor car. Thanks for the help fellas, I was really hoping I could get the rods to work vs going with the lokar cable. :burnout:

-
Back