727 linkage question

-
Reaction score
my 727 will go into every gear, but when I put the trans into 2nd and 1st the column dial won't match up. I adjusted the linkage, but it works in reverse (when I put it in Park, the dial registers at Reverse). I had a B&M shifter in the car, but removed it in favor of stock linkage. I got the linage a wrecking yard from what I assumed was a 727. when I hooked the linkage up I had to adjust it, but it's adjusted all the out. trans goes into every gear, but 2nd and 1st don't line-up on the column dial.I had this problem with the B&M also, that's why I removed it. This trans was in the Dart when I bought it and had been done by Bob Mazzolini in Riverside before I bought it. Do they make kits for shorter shift where 1st and 2nd are close togather?

............U probably have the wrong arm on the trans...it has 2 b straight.....u could also drill a new hole inboard 2 change the ratio............kim..........

I had the same problem with the B&M as I do with the stock set-up. the B&M and the stock set-up do the same thing, they both will not line-up after DRIVE. 2nd and 1st are "in-between"the markers. PARK, REVERSE, NEUTRAL, DRIVE are fine, but not 2nd and 1st. I adjusted the linkage back and forth and got the same results, so I don't think the linkage is wrong. If I can figure it out... I'll just leave the car in DRIVE and shut-up.

-
Back