727 no 3rd gear

-

70ronzdart

Reaction score
hi everyone i have a 727 that wont shift 2 3rd gear any more probably because tv rod not not adjusted right my question what internal part actually get burned up because of the wrong pressure

If not adjusted right the front clutch pack and/or front band can get burned up but that's generally only when the throttle valve rod is backed off too far. When it's backed off it reduces clutch pack pressure and lowers shifting speeds. When it's adjusted too tight it increases clutch pack pressure and raises shift speeds. To have one that won't shift into 3rd gear because the TV rod is mis-adjusted is rare, but not impossible. Unless it's tied back solid it'll usually go into 3rd although it may be at a much higher speed than normal. For instance at full throttle on my Cuda with the tv rod adjusted all the way back it'll still shift into 3rd at 70 mph which is about 4200 rpm.

thanx fishy68 i was gonna try to play with it some more today but we just got a foot of snow so my fair weather garage is cold and wet thanx for your input

-
Back