727 question

-

caw440

Reaction score
Does anyone know how tell what year a TF 727 is? I need to order a rebuild kit for mine and I guess there is a difference, I know about the push button style and this is newer than that. I don't see any casting dates on it but I could be missing it. Any info would be helpful , thanks.

casting number is stamped on driver side along the rail just about the pan... get wire brush and can of brake cleaner

should start with a PK.......

the rebuild kits usually break at the 70 and older...and 71 and newer...

front servo is different...

also, if you do have a late 727, think about putting an early front servo in, it really helps 2/3 shift as well, and use the 5.0 apply lever, well worth the 25 bones

Thanks for all the help, I tried to get to the site that Fishy68 mentioned but my wonderful old computer won't let me have it. If anyone else can get in, heres whats on the tranny. PK 33898866 5760 8870. sorry to be a pain on this

If you meant 3898866, you have a 1976 model out of a small block, 4 x 2 truck.

Hey thanks alot that really helps me out. I owe you guys one. Thanks again .

.........Dont use the 5.0 unless ur using the reverse manual valve body......3.8 is best........kim......

Agreed. The 5.0 lever was originally designed for the Hemi trans. that used a wider front band that required more pressure to apply it and using it on the std. 2" band generally causes overlap on the 2-3 shift because it doesn't release as fast.

Agreed. The 5.0 lever was originally designed for the Hemi trans. that used a wider front band that required more pressure to apply it and using it on the std. 2" band generally causes overlap on the 2-3 shift because it doesn't release as fast.

Major overlap in my plow truck, wont do that again.
My 95 1500 has one and it works great...?
3.8 Is my lever o choice

-
Back