727 questions

-
Usually the KD is set at all the way back when the carb is all the way open. You could rob a cable off a Schwinn 10-speed and do just as well as all that floppycrap Mopar just luvs..
It kicks down all the way now but there is a delay in it and there is not constant movement with it when u open the throttle. I just want to eliminate and shift it myself. And not have to worry about if the kickdown is working properly. The rod looks bent or something. I just hope the Tranny is ok

Bad idea. Don't listen to yayhoos who tell you to throw away that kd. Do the necessary work and get it right.

I agree, but he's dead set on it, so let him do it.
Why are u against a manual valve body? Im not dead set on it. But if I do keep a regular valve body im definitely going with a different kickdown setup

Why are u against a manual valve body? Im not dead set on it. But if I do keep a regular valve body im definitely going with a different kickdown setup
Where did I say that? Copy and paste the quote. You cannot, because I didn't make it. All my point has been is you don't HAVE to use a manual valve body to accomplish your goal. If you just want one, go for it. But be warned. As has been mentioned, a manual valve body will NOT repair an otherwise bad transmission. Remember this. You ASKED for advice. If you want a yes man, most of us on here ain't your boys. You do what you want. You caint have no idea how little I care. My car runs great.

Where did I say that? Copy and paste the quote. You cannot, because I didn't make it. All my point has been is you don't HAVE to use a manual valve body to accomplish your goal. If you just want one, go for it. But be warned. As has been mentioned, a manual valve body will NOT repair an otherwise bad transmission. Remember this. You ASKED for advice. If you want a yes man, most of us on here ain't your boys. You do what you want. You caint know how little I care. My car runs great.
Ok thanks for the advice.

The best manual valve bodies still use a kd. The higher the pressure, the harder the shift. Sure, it feels okay for now shifting manually, but with a no kd mvb, every shift will be configured for WOT. It gets OLD.

-
Back