727 Rebuild help

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
So I have a 727 that I will need to have rebuilt to go behind a warmed over 440 and Dana 60 rear. What will it need done to it?? I would guess that the final HP will be somewhere around 500hp in a street driving car. What parts do I need to get this done? I plan to take it to a builder but I like to buy my parts little by little.

So I have a 727 that I will need to have rebuilt to go behind a warmed over 440 and Dana 60 rear. What will it need done to it?? I would guess that the final HP will be somewhere around 500hp in a street driving car. What parts do I need to get this done? I plan to take it to a builder but I like to buy my parts little by little.

Why not let the builder buy the parts?

Because the builder is a buddy of mine but he mostly works on new stuff in a tranny shop. He hasnt done any 727's So Id like to get the parts.

Raybestos blue or red clutches w/kolene steeles, Transgo shift kit(probably stage 2), 10" or smaller converter matched to cam/rear gears, and there is also a mod that allows the converter to fill in park. Get a nice size cooler as well.

Here is the build I have the converter

440 .030 over
HYD Comp Cam .545 lift
Stealth Heads
Headers
about 10 to 1

4.10 gears Dana 60
Converter I have is 3500 stall 10"

Sounds good, hope that converter isn't a B&M.....

Here is the build I have the converter

440 .030 over
HYD Comp Cam .545 lift
Stealth Heads
Headers
about 10 to 1

4.10 gears Dana 60
Converter I have is 3500 stall 10"

-
Back