727 shifting issues

-

green440duster

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help here; first the back story: My 727 was working perfect then I decided to add a Turbo Action 3000 stall converter and put my 3.91's back in. Did that and road tested great, then I ended up blowing the rear servo backing out of the garage, frustrated and thinking it was my reverse band I sent out my spare 727 to be rebuilt with a Transgo stage 2 shift kit to a local guy.

So when I get the tranny back and installed it is shifting weird in drive sifts from 1-2 only after you lift the throttle at about 5 grand!! then 2-3 shifts at about 4000 and no downshift either passing gear or slowing down but will if you manually pull it down a gear or two. Now in manual it has a huge delay and sometimes won't shift from 1-2 unless you go to drive instead of 2nd not very impressive when you hit the rev limiter thank God for MSD :) I have played with kickdown (lokar cable) to no avail (worked fine with old trans). I am going back to see tranny guy but would like to know Mopar thoughts first because this guy does mostly chevy work.

Thanks
Jamie](*,)

herd lots of horror stories about chivy guys building mopar trannys hope you get this sorted out soon

a definite 1-2 shift overlap coupled with the kickdown out of adjustment. this cured my 1-2 overlap...take it someone who knows 727s or dive in and do it yourself

Attachments

• Trans-go servo mod instructions.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 235
  • TransGo TF2 Pg7.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 297
Humm... Kinda sounds like he screwed up something in the valve body. If you completely unhook the Lokar cable will it shift any sooner or does it still rap out tight before it shifts? If you haven't tried that do it but just for a test cause running with the Lokar cable unhooked very long can damage the trans. If it still won't shift sooner my guess is he something put together wrong in the throttle pressure valve section of the valve body.

It was the blasted passing gear!!! Put a spring on down below and put a pile of slack in up top and it now shifts!!! Now I need to fine tune it. Thanks for all the help.

-
Back