727 shifting late

-

camd64

Remember Landy
Reaction score
A friend of mine just picked up a duster with a 360/727/8-3/4 and he called me up to get it running. It was sitting for about a year as an unfinished project car. After putting in a new dist., WP, and plumbing up a new fuel system went for a test drive and it would shift to second but way late and very harsh. Thought maybe the TV cable but when I looked at it its actually very loose? At WOT the valve lever still had almost 1/4 play to full open. It has what looks like a cable setup from a newer vehicle. Best way I can describe it is looks exactly like the TV cable from my Blazer w/700r4. Should I just set it like mine on my 904 (WOT at carb. and WOT at the TV lever)?

WOT at the carb and trans should be good....if its not I don't know enough to tell you what to check next. ... good luck

Sounds like the Bouchillon cable from your description. If it's loose now and you tighten it it'll only delay it more unless someone has it installed wrong although I'm not sure if that can even be done. I guess it's worth a try. If the problem still persists there's either a problem in the governor or valve body. Try the adjustment and let us know what happens.

Hey Tracy I went out earlier and adjusted the cable but no good. I think someone put a shift kit in it but screwed something up. Do you happen to know where I can look at the trans-go instruction sheet online?

I'm not positive but I don't think it's online. Is it for sure a Trans-go kit? If so it requires you to grind down the throttle valve and maybe they didn't do it. PM me your e-mail address and I can scan and e-mail you the instructions tomorrow.

-
Back