727 small block Column shifter bracket

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am missing the 727 tranny bracket which holds one end of the column shift linkage setup. I have the bracket that has one bolt going into the frame rail but my tranny is missing the other one which is also a bolt into the tranny with a locator tab and the nylon swivel bushing on the end? Are these interchangeable between years and body styles? I have a 72 Demon. Anybody got one they want to unload? Which cars would have them to interchange? Anyone got a picture of what I need? I have added a picture of what I do have. I need a bracket on the tranny?

Attachments

• july52010 001 (2).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 143
I am missing the 727 tranny bracket which holds one end of the column shift linkage setup. I have the bracket that has one bolt going into the frame rail but my tranny is missing the other one which is also a bolt into the tranny with a locator tab and the nylon swivel bushing on the end? Are these interchangeable between years and body styles? I have a 72 Demon. Anybody got one they want to unload? Which cars would have them to interchange? Anyone got a picture of what I need? I have added a picture of what I do have. I need a bracket on the tranny?

Just added picture

I think you need ALL the kickdown linkage and bell cranks. That rod in your pick is the colloum gear selector. If you switching to colloum shifter you wont use that rod (I think).

Just reread your post, dont know why I thought you were switching to console shifter??? Just got off work..

The gear selector rod i think locates in a blind hole in the bell housing.
an you are gonna nead all the kickdown stuff. If your handy with a welder you could easily make all the linlage and bell cranks. Cant help with picks as I run a 904.
If you want picks of my colloum shift linkage and mod kickdown linkage let me know an I take em in the AM.

Im leaving for work early an wont be home for a few.

Trailbeast would be an excellent mind to pick on this..

Good luck!

I think you need ALL the kickdown linkage and bell cranks. That rod in your pick is the colloum gear selector. If you switching to colloum shifter you wont use that rod (I think).

Just reread your post, dont know why I thought you were switching to console shifter??? Just got off work..

The gear selector rod i think locates in a blind hole in the bell housing.
an you are gonna nead all the kickdown stuff. If your handy with a welder you could easily make all the linlage and bell cranks. Cant help with picks as I run a 904.
If you want picks of my colloum shift linkage and mod kickdown linkage let me know an I take em in the AM.

Im leaving for work early an wont be home for a few.

Trailbeast would be an excellent mind to pick on this..

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I am actually using a cable system for the kickdown and it is already installed and seems to be fine. I am just trying to re-install the steering column which is a column shifter which is original to my car. However, I had to get the tranny and am now noticing I am missing a bracket that allows the shift linkage to attach to a bracket on the 727 tranny. It is that little bracket that I need.

I posted this back in 2011 in the parts wanted section and got replies from people who had them. It is called a Gearshift Control Torque Shaft Bracket. Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 82
-
Back