727 TF safety shield

-

Les Gibson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes a SFI approved safety shield that will fit under a mostly stock floor?

C61F97D4-40B9-46D4-BD20-A64C8C4C73F4.png

But you probably can't get one. I had one on order for over a year, and after numerous promises, canceled the order and got my money returned. On my 70 Dart, to run the Powerglide shield, I cut the floor above the transmission, stretched it up and welded a piece back in.

But you probably can't get one. I had one on order for over a year, and after numerous promises, canceled the order and got my money returned. On my 70 Dart, to run the Powerglide shield, I cut the floor above the transmission, stretched it up and welded a piece back in.
Yes, I know. I had a water pump on order with them for almost 4 months and finally had to cancel the order and go with a Mezier which I received in 2 days.

On my Duster I cut the floor for my 727 CSR shield... I understand the same combo with a 904 can fit with some “massaging”. It took me 6mos to get my 904 shield from CSR 2 years ago....

I have a 75 Duster with a 440 and 727. I use the spool motor mounts and have a CSR shield. I had to bend/beat flat the lip in the trans tunnel where the firewall and floor pan meet. I also drilled 2 holes in the firewall to access the bell bolts to make it easier, but other than that it fits great once installed.

I have a 75 Duster with a 440 and 727. I use the spool motor mounts and have a CSR shield. I had to bend/beat flat the lip in the trans tunnel where the firewall and floor pan meet. I also drilled 2 holes in the firewall to access the bell bolts to make it easier, but other than that it fits great once installed.
Same here... I made access holes in the firewall to make getting to the CSR shield bolts easier .. 68 Dart 408 small block with a 904 also had to cut off a few tabs on the trans case

On my Duster I cut the floor for my 727 CSR shield... I understand the same combo with a 904 can fit with some “massaging”. It took me 6mos to get my 904 shield from CSR 2 years ago....
Doesn’t cutting the floor weaken the body structure? Kim

i have csr on 69 dart 440 did the same drilled two holes for top bell housing .i ordered straight from csr they do in house orders first before vendors

decided to buy a different brand safety blanket. Went with a Stroud unit that is a little wider and longer with longer straps than the Jegs blanket I've been using. Didn't want down time with the car to have the floor modified and a new trans tunnel fabricated.

I use a blanket on the AMX I drive, not much available and no room between the floor and trans. My friend said that he doesn't like blankets, because it raises the trans temp, but the trans in the AMX never goes above 150°

decided to buy a different brand safety blanket. Went with a Stroud unit that is a little wider and longer with longer straps than the Jegs blanket I've been using. Didn't want down time with the car to have the floor modified and a new trans tunnel fabricated.

Maybe not a concern, but.....won’t be legal for sub 9 sec runs. CSR shield fulfilled the trans shield requirements as well as the flex plate requirements.

What Stroud blanket did you buy? Normal blankets like the jegs one don't fit properly around a deep aluminum pan.

Maybe not a concern, but.....won’t be legal for sub 9 sec runs. CSR shield fulfilled the trans shield requirements as well as the flex plate requirements.
Only running low 10s with my Dart. Plus, having no idea when you would actually get one of their shields is an issue.

-
Back