727 to 5.7 question

-

gtxclone

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with noise from around trans flexplate or that area when wide open trottle. mine sounds like a scrapping noise for a few seconds from standing start but it goes away. i have some thoughts that it could be the torque converter cover but i cant find any place that shows wear. im pretty much stumped where to look any help appreciated

mine dont run yet... so I can't really help. have you tried yanking the cover to see if the noise goes away? I would figure it would make noise running, not just moving if it was the cover/TC. makes me think maybe driveline on floor...

good luck, let us know

JOE

i did just that it looks like there is some contact between the cover and the bolts on the torque converter so i removed it to test to see if that solves the issue thanks

Did you simply bolt the 727 to the engine?

There is an .060" difference between the Hemi and the LA/Magnum motors, if you lack a spacer this may be the reason for your interference. Thus, a .060" spacer is REQUIRED to use a 904/727/518 transmission. Some people get away without the spacer because there is enough tolerance that SOME transmissions bolt up without a problem. Though it sounds like your one of the unlucky ones. :(

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Did you simply bolt the 727 to the engine?

There is an .060" difference between the Hemi and the LA/Magnum motors, if you lack a spacer this may be the reason for your interference. Thus, a .060" spacer is REQUIRED to use a 904/727/518 transmission. Some people get away without the spacer because there is enough tolerance that SOME transmissions bolt up without a problem. Though it sounds like your one of the unlucky ones. :(

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
Where can I get the spacer for a 5.7 to a 727 tranny?
Thanks

Mancini, or street and performance (hotrodlane.cc), bouchilon usa.

hey guys thanks for the help to update i removed the dust cover and cut away some of the top and it solved the problem i have spoken with the folks at street and performance and they are making some dust covers for the new gen III swaps hopefully they will have them by the street rod nationals here in louisville next month

-
Back